CCIE Lead Network Engineer
Celebration, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 673882BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 04/06/2019
Job Summary:We are looking for a Lead Network Engineer to support the ne all aspects of the Network environment for our growing fleet of Disney Cruise Line ships. Everything from network designs, installations, configurations and implementation of various solutions will be of upmost importance to ensure our guests and crew are connected at all times. Your work will expand beyond our ships and will require network oversight on our private islands and ship-to-shore communications infrastructure. In this role, you will provide technical guidance on all network matters while acting as a point of escalation and technical expertise to your engineering team. In addition, you will oversee the implementation and support activities for the fleet’s wireless networks and all systems the ships interact with, including those at Castaway Cay and ports of embarkation. The responsibilities of this role are of the highest complexity and as the Lead team member, you will ensure maximum availability of network systems onboard our ships and collaborate effectively with various network resources provided by peer teams that support technology at Disney Cruise Line. If you’re looking for a fun, fast paced environment where you can experience guest satisfaction first hand, Disney Cruise Lines is the place for you!
- Leads the Network team in problem analysis and issue resolution, serving as an escalation point for complex problems
- Coaches, guides, and mentors team on best practices, standards and new technology
- Recommends improvements to processes and technology that enhance the effectiveness of the team and the onboard network infrastructure
- Oversees monitoring, alerting, reporting, and trending of network systems
- Develops and deploys comprehensive Quality of Service profiles across media dense merged networks
- Oversees and performs preventative network firmware and hardware upgrades/maintenance while providing maximum availability
- Oversees and provides day-to-day support for wired and wireless network operations onboard and in support of ship to shore infrastructure
- Creates specifications for provisioning network equipment that adheres to the technology refresh cycle and maintains technical currency
- Manages network systems security and ensures all Corporate security standards are implemented and maintained
- Provides oversight, configuration and maintenance of circuits and cross connections between DCL assets and third-party providers
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and issue resolution (on-call support and backup support for team)
- Ensures 24x7 operational support and maintenance onboard
- Manages and designs major aspects of network infrastructure, monitoring tools, and security systems
- Leads troubleshooting of switches, routers, content switching equipment and security network devices
- Develops configuration standards for network devices that adhere to corporate policy
- Guides in documenting network configurations and ensures all configurations are backed up in a timely manner
- 8+ years of network engineering experience
- Firm understanding of Cisco technologies and environments
- Experience with network topography, design and infrastructure
- Experience with networking equipment including switches, routers, and management tools
- Experience with enterprise level wireless networking
- Experience with network management and security applications
- Experience with network troubleshooting processes and tools
- Certification and/or extensive experience in Cisco Systems, F5 Networks, Riverbed Technologies, Palo Alto firewalls
- Special focus on Quality of Service, Multicasting, network segmentation
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.