Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Collections Analyst Intern - Summer/Fall 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 913413BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 09, 2022
Disney Worldwide Shared Services - Credit & Collections oversees the credit and collections function for The Walt Disney Company. In this capacity it is the purpose of DWSS - Credit & Collections to maximize profitable sales, optimize cash flow, and minimize bad debt loss by performing all aspects of customer collection and deduction management of the accounts receivable.
The Collection Analyst Intern will provide clear, concise, and timely communication to internal and external stakeholders.
The role will learn efficient and effective collection and dispute resolution processes, along with sound customer engagement. In addition, they will gain a deep understanding of Credit-to-Cash processes and business models within The Walt Disney Company. With Manager guidance, they will be able to negotiate complex customer settlements and payment plans with the appropriate approval authority.
Responsibilities:Make an Impact by...
- Identify and manage collection trends that delay collection and provide guidance in order to avoid bad debt loss
- Identify and resolve procedural and operational issues which could adversely affect collection of the accounts receivable
- Contribute to the completion of monthly and quarterly reports, reserve recommendations, and Consolidated Accounts Receivable Reporting
- Discuss with customers their business plans, credit risk, payments, risk mitigation, and process improvements
- Work with business partners to implement appropriate strategies for managing the collection of the accounts receivable and resolution of disputes in support of Disney businesses
- Collaborate with Disney business leaders to mitigate risk to the accounts receivables and future revenue
- Keep abreast of industry, market, and business conditions
- Work with team to lead in execution of escalated collection and dispute resolution of technical, account, and procedural challenges
- Collaborate and solve problems – work with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information
- Prepare and present Analyst presentations
Basic Qualifications:What you Bring to the Role...
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Excel skills (VLOOKUP & Pivot tables, macros, formulas)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Previous experience in commercial credit & collections
- Knowledge of customer and business unit computer and process system is desired
- Junior or Senior currently pursuing (or recent graduate within 6 months) with an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3.0 minimum overall GPA
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Must be fully available from June 2022 through January 2023
- Must be available to work part-time hours (approximately 20-24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work in the Orlando area. We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.