Commercial Strategy ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 771308BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2021
The Commercial Strategy Manager will be embedded in the business, supporting profit centers, and will quickly assess and implement new programs that create revenue. The Commercial Strategy Manager will work through teams to understand their local needs and opportunities and prioritize and activate unplanned revenue driving programs, identify new market opportunities, and manage the ongoing performance and optimization of the local P&L. You will foster an entrepreneurial mindset, aiming to maximize our ability to monetize the brands and assets within each profit center with commercially viable ideas.
- You will establish close partnership with GMs & directors in operations, plus local function teams (e.g., Finance, Consumer Insights, Pricing, Revenue Management)
- You will understand local needs and opportunities by combining disparate data sources into a clear state of the business
- You will strategize and influence based on consumer-focused insights and demand while staying up-to-date and acting as an expert on industry trends and behaviors
- You will gain an understanding and clear articulation of the P&L at the local level
- You will support integrated communications plan for local brand programs in partnership with Marketing and Sales teams
- You will balance a bias-for-action with thoughtful planning to ensure programs are commercially viable and guide the highest value
- You will develop a master calendar of programs by product and provide programs in coordination with partners
- You will analyze our performance, needs, risks and opportunities and recommend solutions to address gaps in forecast or competitive marketplace
- You will enhance the commercial sensibility to the organization and promote cultural change
- Five (5)+ years of experience and functional knowledge collectively in brand management and strategy, advertising, promotions, public relations, direct marketing
- Ability to challenge the status quo while still building strategic alliances/relationships within and outside the Disney organization
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated business acumen working with P&L, annual operating plans, and interpreting & communicating data
- Demonstrated effectiveness for strategic and critical thinking
- Experience managing a large volume of complex work effectively and efficiently, prioritizing continually to ensure business results are achieved
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive effective risk-taking
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Vacation and sick leave
- 401k plans
- Tuition assistance
- Community involvement
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.