Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Communications & Social Media Undergraduate Internship, Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 701027BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 08, 2019
As part of the Global Talent Acquisition Marketing Team, you will make an impact through your passion for, and experience in, social media marketing, creative writing skills, engaging content development and the ability to prioritize. All of these qualities will come together, as you help the team share the Disney story with candidates around the globe!
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
- Showcase what the magic of working with Disney is really like by pulling back the curtain to highlight our people, culture, environment, work and opportunities via our social media and communication channels
- Collaborate with the team to help ensure we tell our employment story in the most innovative and creative ways
- Support the team as they plan and execute on the future vision of our work, through comprehensive communication and social media strategies
- Develop content optimized for social media that amplifies and extends our employment brand and messaging, inspiring candidates to picture themselves in a role with Disney
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism with previous relevant Social Media, Communication and Content Development experience
- You possess the talent to write in varying tones, voices and styles in order to meet the appetite of our diverse audience and the communication platforms we market on
- You are experienced in conceptualizing, shooting and editing video and photography that stands out in the social space
- You can focus on the here and now while keeping a keen eye to the future and the organizational capability to manage it all
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snap Chat with a strong desire to continue learning in order to stay on top of trends and emerging platforms
- You thrive on building new relationships and carefully fostering existing ones
- You have experience in shooting and editing video that helps bring content to life
- You have a passion and eye for photography and its best use for Social Media
- You have a desire to learn what data can uncover and understand the impact it plays in Marketing
- You have a creative spirit and strategic mind-set that pushes you to constantly grow and develop your skills
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated within the past 6 months with a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a closely related field.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January 2020 to June 2020.
- Availability: Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship - typical work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm PST
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, or weekends if needed for cast events
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.