Consumer Foresight Manager, Identity & Cultural InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050601 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 24, 2023
Consumer Foresight Manager, Identity & Cultural Insights
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP). And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Consumer Insights, Measurement, and Analytics (CIMA) organization informs strategy development through actionable data analytics, integration and insights. The Consumer Insight (CI) team is a key part of CIMA and we provide consumer centric solutions through deep understanding of all relevant audiences.
We are seeking a motivated advocate for diverse consumers to reside within the Identity & Cultural Insights (ICI) group, a team within Consumer Insight (CI). To stay relevant in the market place, we aim to have the people and culture that allow us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future. By consolidating data, the ICI team provides an understanding of diverse consumers to improve relevant current and future business strategies allowing everyone to fully participate in our brand.
The ICI team provides fresh consumer insights and expertise to the enterprise on diverse consumers of today and tomorrow. These insights are identified through always-on scanning of research on diverse consumer values and behavioral trends that will help identify opportunities, mitigate risks, and shape strategies. The optimal candidate will have proven success integrating and interpreting data and using effective communication working with partners to solve challenges.
You will report to a Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights. The location for this role is in Celebration, Florida. Travel to our sites may be required.
What you will do:
Every day on the Identity & Cultural Insights team is unique. On any given day you might:
- Demonstrate passion and curiosity around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) – Develop a holistic understanding of social and cultural trends across dimensions of diversity, including race/ethnicity (e.g., Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian/Asian American consumers), sexual and gender identity-based cultures (e.g., LGBTQIA+, women), and ability (e.g., People with Disabilities).
- Think expansively – Look at issues from a variety of perspectives and create new ways to examine consumer sentiment, behaviors, and patterns. Exercise future thinking to predict consumer expectations and provide partners with inputs to inform long-term strategy.
- Tell the story – Use all available resources to gather and synthesize content, uncovering and communicating the stories within the data, while providing objective, clear and actionable insight to partners across the organization.
- Exercise leadership - Lead consumer insight projects with personal accountability. Handle multiple assignments at once, across varied partner groups and complex businesses.
- Team up with partners - Foster relationships with internal partners to build influence, manage external vendor relationships, and lead specific work-streams with the guidance from leadership. Collaborate to gain multiple, genuinely new perspectives on the organization’s most challenging problems and most compelling opportunities.
What you will need:
Minimum five years relevant experience in a field or function related to Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)/DEI. Skills may include: Multicultural marketing, cultural/social inclusion research, diversity reporting and measurement, diversity awareness and advocacy, cross-cultural sensitivity/competency, diversity or allyship training, diversity program development, inter-cultural communication, human resources, etc.
- Storytelling: Experience turning data into insights and communicating complex ideas with simplicity and concision that focus on both short-term and long-term goals
- Consumer Advocacy: Comfortable sharing a point of view and advocating for consumers
- Content Creation: Experience using creative approaches to content development, data visualization, and information delivery that can translate the ambiguous to concrete
- Public Speaking: Experience presenting at all levels, including up to senior leaders and/or executives
- Interpersonal and Relationship-Building: Ability to partner and work well across multiple teams and levels
- Project Management: Experience in project management
- Software: Experience in use of Microsoft Office and presentation software such as PowerPoint (or Keynote), Word and Excel
What will set you apart:
- Seven years relevant experience in a field or function related to Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)/DEI
- Certification in Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)/DEI
- Three to five years relevant experience in Multicultural or diverse market research, consumer insights, or advertising
- Experience in consumer or strategic foresight, including scenario building
- Experience in project management of primary and secondary research projects
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, including market research, trend analysis, benchmarking, and opportunity identification
- Experience in data analytics, including management and manipulation of large data sets through statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R)
- Bilingual or multi-lingual language fluency (e.g., Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Portuguese, or French)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – relevant areas include Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Liberal Arts, Human Resources, Journalism, Market Research, Behavioral Economics, Math, Statistics, and Business Economics. Interdisciplinary areas such as Women’s Studies, Queer Studies, African American Studies, Asian American Studies, Hispanic American studies, and Native American studies are also relevant; Advanced degree in a related field is a plus.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.