Consumer Insight and Research ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 910165BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
The Consumer Insights, Measurement, and Analytics (CIMA) organization informs strategy development through relevant data analytics, integration and insights. We provide consumer centric solutions through deep understanding of all relevant audiences.
You will reside within the Walt Disney World Consumer Insight Team. This team identifies demand drivers and revenue opportunities, explores consumer needs to inform long-term strategies, and maximizes the guest experience across our four theme parks, water parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs to build long-term consumer loyalty and sustainable profitability.
Integration and interpretation of data, insight synthesis, and communicating results in an influential way are required to work with partners to solve questions. You will need to handle multiple assignments at once, across varied partner groups and complex businesses.
You will report to a Senior Manager, Consumer Insights, and the location for this role is Orlando.
- Manage all phases of custom research projects (client side and vendor side), including but not limited to: needs identification, methodology design (hands-on), data querying and analysis, and presentation of results using the proper techniques along the way that provide insights and actionable results to address the business opportunities.
- Create fact-based insights – Test hypotheses, and build models to produce objective and clear conclusions.
- Exercise leadership – Lead consumer insight projects with personal accountability.
- Exhibit curiosity – gather a holistic understanding of the strategic context to ask meaningful questions and inform impactful solutions
- Team up with partners – Develop and further relationships with partners to build influence, manage external vendors, and lead specific work-streams and cross-function deliverables
- Tell Stories – Communicate findings in an easily understandable way
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a related field (e.g. marketing/sales, market research, business analytics, strategic planning, new product development)
- Experience in project management
- Experience in quantitative research design and statistical analysis
- Experience in data analytics and evaluating consumer data
- Experience writing syntax to query and analyze data such as in SPSS
- Expertise in use of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and presentation software such as PowerPoint
- Comfortable sharing a point of view and advocating for consumers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent – relevant areas include, but are not limited to Research, Economics, Cognitive Science, Journalism, Business, Data Science
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.