Consumer Insight & Research ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023968 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! The Consumer Insights, Measurement, and Analytics (CIMA) organization informs strategy development through relevant data analytics, integration and insights. We provide consumer-centric solutions through deep understanding of all relevant audiences. You will reside within the Walt Disney World Consumer Insight Team. This team identifies demand drivers and revenue opportunities, explores consumer needs to inform long-term strategies, and maximizes the guest experience across Walt Disney World offerings to build long-term consumer loyalty and sustainable profitability.
On any given day you will find yourself collaborating with partners, analyzing data and presenting to clients, striving to influence decision-makers as they set strategy to drive the business. You will work to uncover new connections by mining many different data sets for key insight, integrate information from internal and external sources to understand consumer behavior and develop a holistic story. You will cut through the noise to provide actionable insight in a clear, objective visual way.
You will report to a Senior Manager, Consumer Insights as an Individual Contributor and be located in Orlando, FL.
· Exhibit curiosity – Be a detective, searching and exploring, asking why, identifying cause/effect and connecting bits of information to create a cohesive story
· Understand bigger picture – Gather a holistic understanding of the strategic context to ask meaningful questions and inform impactful solutions.
· Storytelling – Use impactful visual representations of data insight to craft a story that engages the audience, clearly communicates and delivers a memorable point-of-view
· Influence Others – Communicate findings in an easily understandable, compelling and actionable way.
· Create fact-based insights – Test hypotheses and build models to produce objective and clear conclusions.
· Measurement – Identify, develop, execute, manage and utilize measurement plans and tools to track KPIs
· Research and Analysis – Derive insights through various techniques including analysis of survey data, scenario modeling, competitive intelligence, and Walt Disney World guest visitation behaviors to inform strategic decision making.
· Exercise leadership – Lead consumer insight projects with personal accountability.
· Team up with partners – Develop and further relationships with partners to build influence and lead specific work-streams and cross-function deliverables.
· Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a related field (e.g. marketing/sales, market research, business analytics, strategic planning, new product development)
· Experience in quantitative research design and analysis
· Experience analyzing and evaluating consumer data and developing actionable insight
· Experience with analytical tools such as Excel, SAS, SPSS or similar application (can develop and manipulate complex spreadsheets and data sets)
· Strong communication and story-telling of insight to influence others and advocate for consumers, customers, and Guests.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent – relevant areas include, but are not limited to Research, Economics, Cognitive Science, Journalism, Business, Engineering
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.