Already applied?View Dashboard
Consumer Insight ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 689667BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 09/03/2019
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
In this position, you will report to the Senior Manager, Visitation and Pricing Insight, for translating consumer insight into actionable, business-driving strategies through critical interpretation of data, active collaboration with CIMA functions (CI, Analytics, Optimization, Foresight) and multifunctional partners (Commercial, Pricing, Marketing, Sales) to help shape the future of the business. Serve as a critical thought partner on complex business issues; deliver insightful consumer, competitive and marketplace analyses.
Under the direction of Senior Manager, Visitation and Pricing Insight, this position is responsible for providing breakthrough consumer and Guest insight and thought leadership to drive business strategies as part of a fast paced, dynamic environment. Leads primary research, utilizes secondary sources, and collaborates with research teams and key stakeholders to support business & pricing initiatives, and actively place consumer insight at the heart of decision making. Requires collaboration with a spectrum of cross-functional teams to synthesize complex data points and create compelling communications that drive positive business results. Requires strong analytical skills to uncover hidden relationships in data and perform root cause analysis, with proven success at performing statistical analysis. Uses advanced analytics, knowledge and experience to translate learnings into compelling recommendations to senior executives.
- Leads Consumer Insight pricing research efforts as the key contact for partners and project manager overseeing one analyst and acting as a secondary resource to support visitation research
- Manages all phases of market research from beginning to end
- Analyze, integrate and synthesize Consumer Insight data and other sources, as needed, to inform business decisions
- Create succinct communications that frame insight and opportunities for leadership
- Foster relationships with external and internal partners, including multiple levels of executives, building influence
- Mentor other members of the team in data mining, SAS, Tableau, weighting of survey data, advanced and predictive analytics
- Hands-on researcher with 5+ years of research experience, including both quantitative and qualitative, data mining, business analytics, strategic planning, commercial development or similar field
- Demonstrated expertise with primary and secondary research methodologies and performing statistical analysis with survey data
- Hands-on experience with SAS and SPSS
- In-depth knowledge of Tableau and demonstrated expertise building dashboards
- In-depth knowledge of Excel and demonstrated expertise of PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of economic indicators, travel industry, financial results, price elasticity and business performance metrics
- Critical thinker, able to sort through complex business issues to develop research plans. Able to think out of the box and willing to try different research approaches
- Able to conceptualize and build an analytical plan, design questionnaires, analyze and summarize data into a cohesive story highlighting insights
- Demonstrated ability to translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through compelling reports and presentations that tell a story
- Project management, decision making skills, and ability to manage partners against competing priorities
- Exceptional communicator (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Effectively prioritize, scoping timelines and deliverables based on a thorough understanding of business priorities
- Shows initiative and can evaluate risk versus reward in all aspects
- Demonstrated partnering skills and proven ability to effectively manage conflict
- Demonstrated work ethic and high intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to work well in fast-paced business environment, displaying professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Positive can-do attitude
- Deep understanding of Walt Disney World commercial business, Guest visitation, and pricing dynamics
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant and working with large complex data warehouses
- Previous experience conducting pricing research studies (Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger, Conjoint, Discrete Choice, Max Diff)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field
- Master's degree in business and/or data analytics field of study
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.