Consumer Insight ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 858685BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
The Consumer Insights, Measurement, and Analytics (CIMA) organization informs strategy development through relevant data analytics, integration and insights. We provide consumer centric solutions through deep understanding of all relevant audiences.
You will reside within the Walt Disney World Consumer Insight Team. This team identifies demand drivers and revenue opportunities, explores consumer needs to inform long-term strategies, and maximizes the guest experience across our four theme parks, water parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs to build long-term consumer loyalty and sustainable profitability.
Integration and interpretation of data, insight synthesis, and communicating results in an influential way are required to work with partners to solve questions. You will need to handle multiple assignments at once, across varied partner groups and complex businesses.
You will report to a Senior Manager, Consumer Insights, and the location for this role is Orlando.
- Integrate Insights – Summarize multiple sources of information to provide holistic perspectives and recommendations to identify new business opportunities, evaluate existing programs, and provide forward-looking projections
- Analyze data and draw conclusions – Create fact-based insights, test hypotheses, and build models to produce objective and clear conclusions
- Exercise leadership – Lead consumer insight projects with personal accountability. Manage all phases of the research process including needs identification, methodology design, survey design, cross-functional management, data mining, and presentation of results, using the proper techniques along the way that provide insights and actionable results that address the business opportunities
- Exhibit curiosity – gather a holistic understanding of the strategic context to inform impactful solutions
- Team up with partners - Develop and further relationships with internal partners to build influence, manage external vendors, and lead specific work-streams and cross-function deliverables
- Tell Stories – Communicate findings in an easily understandable way
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in a related field of research (e.g. marketing/sales, market research, business, new product development)
- Experience in project management
- Experience in data analytics, including management and manipulation of large data sets through statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research design, analysis, and interpretation
- Experience in the use of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and presentation software such as PowerPoint
- Comfortable sharing a point of view and advocating for consumers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent – relevant areas include, but are not limited to Behavioral Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, Business Economics, Cognitive Science, Journalism, and Business.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.