Consumer Insight ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 866252BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Consumer Insight (CI) team is a key part of CIMA (Consumer Insight, Measurement, and Analytics), an organization within Disney Parks Experiences and Products Finance responsible for informing strategy development and influencing decision-making company wide. Consumer Insight’s role is to drive business value and consumer centric decision-making by deeply understanding both the consumer and the complexities of our business so that actionable insights can be leveraged to identify opportunities and execute strategies that achieve desired business goals. We can only achieve this when we anticipate and address consumer needs and behaviors in ways that optimize the guest experience and drive improved business performance.
To enable the continuous development of key metrics and rich insights, CI’s internal quantitative research capabilities include survey instrument development, digital and in-person survey administration, structured and unstructured data management, research account services, and advanced technology platforms. Additionally, CI executes qualitative primary research, leverages an extensive array of secondary research sources, and partners with external research agencies to gain deeper understanding of market trends. Internal partners of CI span all functions and lines of business across the enterprise, including Walt Disney Imagineering, Global Business Development, Creative Entertainment, Marketing & Sales, Theme Park Operations, Resorts Operations, Merchandise, Food & Beverage, Revenue Management, Pricing, Forecasting, Public Affairs, and many others.
This role will have a primary focus on Disney Global Franchise and Character Strategy. You get to influence what happens next in our Parks, on our ships, in pour resorts-around the globe!
The Consumer Insight Manager will be responsible for all phases of the market research process including needs identification, project design/management, survey/discussion guide design, liaising with internal field team and external vendors, analysis, synthesis and presentation of objective, clear and actionable insights. The successful candidate will have proven success in designing, executing, managing, and leveraging actionable consumer research applying industry-leading tools, innovative techniques, and advanced methodologies both in the qualitative and quantitative arenas.
- Minimum 5 years relevant, hands-on experience in related field (e.g. marketing/sales, market research, business analytics, strategic planning, new product development)
- Critical thinker, able to sort through complex business issues to develop research plans that will generate actionable recommendations. Able to think out of the box and willing to try different research approaches.
- Able to conceptualize and build an analytic plan, design questionnaires, and analyze, synthesize and summarize data leading to actionable recommendations. Hands-on experience with SAS/SPSS or similar package required.
- Manage market research projects including key contact with stakeholders on research initiatives, and interface with research suppliers when appropriate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in synthesizing disparate and sometimes contradictory learnings. Demonstrated use of presentation software to tell a compelling and engaging story.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation and organizational skills. Proven ability to handle conflict.
- Flexible and nimble - can adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to partner and work well with various levels of the organization.
- Experience managing a team of 1-2 people.
- Demonstrated experience with complex product centric, creative research studies.
- Experience in researching unique, "emotional" brands
- Management consulting, strategy, or agency experience
- Experience working with artists, designers and other creative professionals
- Experience in theme parks, hospitality or entertainment
- Knowledge of overseas markets and a global outlook
- Knowledge of Gen Z and Alpha
- Practical application of visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- Undergraduate degree in related field.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in social sciences, business, or other relevant field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.