Consumer Insight Senior AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729095BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
The Senior Analyst role will support WDW Pricing and Visitation Research responsible for providing breakthrough insights and thought leadership used to drive business strategies, identify opportunities and mitigate risk. They lead and manage primary research projects from inception to data analysis to the sharing of actionable insights with partners. In addition, they collaborate with research teams/stakeholders across Disney Parks & Resorts to support business initiatives and actively place consumer insight at the heart of the company’s decisions.
Responsibilities:The Consumer Insight Senior Analyst will be responsible for all phases of the market research process including needs identification, project design/management, survey/discussion guide design, liaising with internal field team and external vendors, analysis, synthesis, and presentation of objective, clear, and actionable insights. This role primarily supports Walt Disney World Pricing, Revenue Management, Forecasting, Marketing Strategy, and Sales.
- Manages all phases of market research from beginning to end
- Analyze, integrate and synthesize Consumer Insight data and other sources, as needed, to inform business decisions
- Create succinct communications that frame insight and opportunities for leadership
- Foster relationships with external and internal partners, including multiple levels of executives, building influence
- Hands-on researcher with 3+ years of research experience, including both quantitative and qualitative, data mining, business analytics, strategic planning, commercial development or similar field
- Experience with primary and secondary research methodologies and performing statistical analysis with survey data
- Hands-on experience with Tableau and SAS
- Demonstrated understanding of economic indicators, travel industry, financial results, price elasticity and business performance metrics
- Critical thinker, able to sort through complex business issues, able to think out of the box and question status quo
- Able to conceptualize and build an analytical plan, design questionnaires, analyze and summarize data into a cohesive story highlighting insights
- Demonstrated ability to translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through compelling reports and presentations that tell a story
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communicator (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Shows initiative and can evaluate risk versus reward in all aspects
- Demonstrated partnering skills and proven ability to effectively manage conflict
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Flexible and nimble-can easily and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Positive can-do attitude
- Familiarity with Walt Disney World Resort business and ticket products
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, developing Tableau dashboards, and R
- Prior experience with promotional pricing strategies and understanding of incrementality
- Previous experience conducting pricing research studies (Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger, Conjoint, Discrete Choice, Max Diff)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field
- Master's degree in business and/or data analytics field of study
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.