Consumer Insight Sr AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10028769 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 24, 2023
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Consumer Insights, Measurement, and Analytics (CIMA) organization informs strategy development through relevant data analytics, integration, and insights. We provide consumer centric solutions through deep understanding of all relevant audiences.
You will reside within the Walt Disney World Consumer Insight Team, specifically supporting the Food & Beverage and Merchandise lines of business as well as Theme Park and Resort Pricing. This team identifies demand drivers and revenue opportunities, explores consumer needs to inform long-term strategies, and maximizes the guest experience across our four theme parks, water parks, Resorts, and Disney Springs to build long-term consumer loyalty and sustainable profitability.
Integration and interpretation of data, insight synthesis, and communicating results in an influential way are required to work with partners to solve questions. You will need to handle multiple assignments at once, across varied partner groups and complex businesses.
You will report to a Manager within Consumer Insight and the location for this role is Orlando as a hybrid employee, requiring regular in-person availability with the option to also work partially remote.
What you will do:
The Consumer Insight Senior Analyst will be responsible for all phases of the market research process including needs identification, project design/management, survey/discussion guide design, data analysis, synthesis, and presentation of objective, clear, and actionable insights.
- Analyze data and draw conclusions – Develop fact-based insights, test hypotheses, and build models to produce objective and clear conclusions
- Integrate Insights – Summarize multiple sources of information to provide holistic perspectives and actionable recommendations to inform business strategy
- Communicate Results – Present findings in an easily understandable way, telling a compelling story that is actionable for the business
- Build Relationships – Develop and foster relationships with internal partners to build influence, manage external vendors, and lead specific work-streams and cross-functional deliverables
What you will need:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a related field of research (ex: market research, business analytics)
- Experience in quantitative research design, analysis, and interpretation
- Experience in data analytics, including management and manipulation of large data sets through statistical software (ex: SAS, R, Python, or SPSS)
- Advanced Excel experience (ex: complex formulas and/or VBA), and presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated understanding of business performance metrics and economic indicators
- Critical thinker, able to sort through complex business issues, able to think out of the box and question status quo
- Demonstrated ability to translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through compelling reports and presentations that tell a story
- Exceptional communicator (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and high intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Flexible and nimble-can easily and quickly adapt to changing priorities
What will set you apart:
- Experience in the theme park, hospitality, or entertainment industries
- Previous experience with price elasticity and optimization / conducting pricing research studies (ex: Conjoint / Discrete Choice Analysis, Max Diff, Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger)
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Snowflake, or other database management software
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an analytical field of study
- Master's degree in an analytical field of study
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.