Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Corporate Lease Accounting Graduate Intern, Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 858707BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 27, 2021
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of!
Disney Worldwide Shared Services is an expanding team of process experts and accounting professionals who provide shared accounting services to The Walt Disney Company, inclusive of all Segments. You'll be directly working with the team supporting Corporate Real Estate and partnering with them to ensure proper accounting of lease holdings across The Walt Disney Company.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
- Journal Entries
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Accounting Research and Analysis
- Close Related Tasks
- Lease Accounting Straight Line Schedules
- SOX Compliance
- Processing Invoices
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- The ability to build strong relationships in a highly professional “client service orientation” environment
- Team player
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Previous accounting work experience
- Incoming student, currently pursuing, or recently graduated within 6 months with a Graduate Master's degree in Accounting, Tax
- A or B in Intermediate Accounting
- 3.5 GPA
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Working towards a CPA
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available 40 hours/week from January through June 2022
- Housing: We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.