Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Art Direction Internship, Yellow Shoes, CA, Spring 2018Apply Now Job ID 489359BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 11/09/2017
Creative Art Direction Internship, Disney's Yellow Shoes, Spring 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Do you live for the Big Idea? Do you know how to make something emotional that people will want to connect with? Do you geek out about typography and design? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We’re Disney's Yellow Shoes, the award-winning, in-house creative shop for Disney Destinations. Every day, we have fun creating compelling, memorable work for one of the greatest brands on the planet, and we’re looking for one very talented Creative Art Direction Intern to join us.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of an original team and culture…
As a Creative Art Direction Intern, you’ll get the chance to stretch your creative muscles on one of the greatest brands on the planet. You’ll work closely with senior creative leadership, and get the opportunity to show your great ideas on a broad range of mediums: Broadcast, print, digital, out-of-home and collateral. Besides having strong conceptual/design chops and a passion to learn, you’ll be well versed in Adobe CS 5. Be a part of a transformative team and culture …
- You’ll create concepts for Disney Theme Parks & Resorts, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani and Adventures by Disney and more
- Participate in ideation and strategy sessions along with senior creative leadership
- Creative research – You’ll identify and share the latest trends in music, photography, illustration and new media
- Assist in developing materials for creative/strategic presentations
- Help with managing our digital presence online
Basic QualificationsYou bring….
Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Knowledge of working within an Advertising Agency or similar creative environment
Preferred QualificationsBasic knowledge and understanding of the Walt Disney Company history including films, animation, television and theme parks
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in Advertising, Design or a related field OR have graduated within 6 months of the start date of the internship
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
- Resume (**Make sure you have no typos in your resume!!**)
- Digital Portfolio - a link to your portfolio should be on your resume
- **An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process**
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2018 through June 2018.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.