Customer Engagement Project Management Intern, FL, Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 525701BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/08/2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
As a Member of Customer Engagement Platform team (CEP) you will play an important role in helping to build and maintain a trusted relationship with each Guest. Using the Guiding Principle of “Know the Guest well enough at any point in time, or place, to know what to do next”, CEP teams deliver world-class direct to consumer CRM programs for Disney Destinations.
This individual will be a member of the CEP Digital Tagging Strategy team focusing on the planning and tactical delivery of the digital tagging program. Responsibilities include:
- Support the internal team in the strategy, implementation, and QA of various digital marketing vendor tags
- Confirm proper configuration and tagging of marketing campaigns across our web properties
- Assist in the diagnosis of issues as they arise in the tagging of web pages
- Aid in the maintenance of our enterprise Tag Management System and constantly look for ways to improve our tagging processes
- Work in a multi-project, matrix environment where networking and efficiency are critical for success
- Partner with multiple business units within the organization as well as agency partners to ensure they are following analytics and measurement best practices
What you bring…
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills with focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, written and oral/presentation
- Ability to present technical information in front of others
These things are a plus…
- Familiarity with Disney Parks and Resorts Products and services
- Knowledge of Tag Management Solutions (such as Adobe DTM, GTM, etc)
What you’ve studied …
MIS, Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Engineering or other related field of study. You are pursuing a degree and are a junior, senior or graduate student – or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) with an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 (as shown on your transcript).
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.