Customer Engagement Project Management intern- Orlando, Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 424121BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/15/2017
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
As a Member of Customer Engagement Platform team (CEP) you will play an important role in helping to build and maintain a trusted relationship with each Guest. Using the Guiding Principle of “Know the Guest well enough at any point in time, or place, to know what to do next”, CEP teams deliver world-class direct to consumer CRM programs for Disney Destinations.
With The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) this individual will be on the forefront of technology innovation as member of CEP Project Management Office (PMO) team focusing on future strategy, master planning, and implementation of projects. Responsibilities include discovery research for new & innovative technologies, creation of project plans and timelines, communication plans, stakeholder management across diverse stakeholder groups with conflicting priorities and risk management. Work in a multi-project, matrix environment where networking and efficiency are critical for success.
What you bring…
Strong problem solving, analytical skills with focus on continuous improvement
Strong communication skills, written and oral/presentation
Strong business planning skills
Proven experience with data analysis and communication visualization
Familiarity work experience with writing technical documentation (data models, process flow diagrams, technical specifications/requirements)
Ability to share and develop creative ideas
Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (including Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) and SharePoint 2010
These things are a plus…
Familiarity with Disney Parks and Resorts Products and services
Exposure to CRM brand marketing concepts
Experience with the travel industry and/or consumer data
Proven experience working with large scale data warehouses/data marts
What you’ve studied …
MIS, Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Engineering or other related field of study. You are pursuing a degree and are a junior, senior or graduate student – or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) with an overall G.P.A. of 3.0 (as shown on your transcript).
· Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
· Must provide full work availability
· Must provide own transportation to/from work
· Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June through January 2018.
Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.