DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 882102BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
Do you enjoy the world of design and making memorable art that people connect with?
Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
We are Yellow Shoes, the award-winning in-house creative agency for Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP). We are storytellers, dreamers, and crafters of contents. Builders of brands. Makers of magic. Our mission is to spread joy no other brand can. Inspired by Walt Disney, we believe it's kind of fun to do the impossible. We do it every day. Every day, we have fun creating compelling, memorable work for one of the greatest brands on the planet, and we're looking for a Designer to join us! With a social mindset, and the ability to work with multiple individuals and disciplines. Requiring integration and collaboration with our creatives, designers, art directors, writers, photographers, illustrators, producers, and developers.
You will report to the Design Director.
We value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Your biggest asset is your collection of unique experiences and education that helped hone your creative problem-solving skills. You will be essential in working with other teams to create design tactics that range from something as small yet impactful as a logo, or as massive and inspiring as an airplane wrap. At the core of it all is your ability to communicate with our audience through the lens of our brands and experiences. What tools are in your arsenal and how can you help us reach our guests?
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Create outstanding design solutions that promote our Parks, Experiences & Products business worldwide.
- Work with different teams to help bring outstanding projects to life upon a deadline
- Bring a design discipline in doing it right and a passion for doing it artfully across all tactics, big and small.
- Design a campaign's look and feel, logos, brand identity systems, space and environmental designs, style guides, templates, sales and marketing collateral material, digital and social content.
- Understand the creative development process and production including mechanicals, imaging, proofing, printing, animation, and digital development.
- Engage and bring your passion for design to the work process.
- Design advocate: Stay on top of trends and market demands to offer the best path forward.
- Present and explain your solutions and the paths taken to your design counterparts and others.
- Minimum 3 years design/marketing experience across all media channels – traditional, digital & social.
- Passion for design and creativity, trending ideas, branding, typography, logos, illustration, motion graphics, shapes and colors, paper and print, photography, lighting and styling.
- A creative sensibility to envision how design can help improve and tell great stories in multiple media formats and platforms.
- Desire to problem solve and bring new knowledge to the team.
- Manage projects with varying timelines.
- Handle a high-volume and heavy workload.
- Experience with the creative development process and production including mechanicals, imaging, proofing, printing, animation, and digital development.
- Familiarity with the principles of user experience design and the consumer journey.
- Interpret user insights and performance-based analytics.
- Understand social media ad solutions and digital platform best practices.
- Combine multifaceted design solutions to produce comprehensive brand systems and style guidelines.
- Technical proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After effects.
- An associates degree in advertising, art, graphic art or design or equivalent experience
- BA or BFA in graphic/communications design.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.