Dir-Communications & Public AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10027429 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 24, 2023
Director, Communications & Public Affairs
Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products – from toys to T-shirts, apps, books, console games, and more – and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing, and retail experts, artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Director, Communications & Public Affairs is a seasoned communications leader with experience driving internal, executive, B2B, public affairs/reputation management and Corporate Social Responsibility plans across the business. Responsibilities include:
- Lead internal communications planning to advance business goals and culture.
- Craft and rollout strategic executive engagement plans intended to drive the business narrative, support organizational evolution, facilitate culture, and retain/motivate employees.
- Collaborate with segment and corporate leadership to align programming and initiatives where relevant.
Public Affairs/Issues Management
- Oversee plans that protect and enhance the reputation of the consumer products, games and publishing businesses.
- Proactively partner with the business to identify and mitigate issues and offer insights into trends and research.
- Help lead crisis communications response efforts through monitoring relevant breaking news and providing actionable insights and information.
- Continue to develop and nurture relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Build and drive business-to-business communications strategy that aligns with key areas of opportunity.
- Proactively collaborate with leaders to identify campaigns and stories that effectively position the retail, games, publishing and licensing businesses.
- Establish overarching B2B programming at industry events to further the business strategy with key partners.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Oversee the development of social impact programs for CPGP businesses and communicate information about this work through internal and external channels.
- Lead CPGP’s charitable giving strategy.
- Provide expertise on social and environmental issues.
- Lead and continuously deveop a team of 15+ talented professionals.
- Oversee department budget.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or marketing or equivalent work experience, preferably with an emphasis in Corporate Communications and Issues Management.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or equivalent
- Proven ability to drive high-quality work product in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to partner across a matrixed organization, and take into account the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into compelling, actionable insights
- Attention to detail, highly-organized with creative instincts and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong presentation, writing/positioning and editing skills
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent PC and Mac literacy; Internet and social media savvy with experience using SharePoint or other Content Management System, Microsoft Office suite, Keynote, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, team player with a genuine enthusiasm for communications and public public affairs
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Prod & Interactive Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.