Dir-DCL Risk Mgmt & Medical SvcsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738948BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
Reporting to the Vice President of Safety, Security & Environmental Policy and Compliance, the Director of Risk Management & Medical Services will direct the activities of shoreside professional, technical and administrative staff who provide insurance management, marine claim handling and medical services in support of the cruise line’s operations.
- Develop the goals, objectives and strategy for all aspects of Disney Cruise Line Risk Management & Medical Services
- Establish strong internal and external partnerships
- Lead the risk management and medical services efforts for Disney Cruise Line to include:
- Insurance strategy, placement and management of Disney Cruise Line marine insurance program, including Protection & Indemnity, hull and machinery, loss of hire, war risk and related Certificates of Financial Responsibility (COFRs)
- Rapid response recovery – negotiating agreements with surveyors, salvage vessels for response
- Administrative compliance with consumer and environmental protection regulations that require procurement of bonds, letters of credit and certificates of financial responsibility
- Oversight of business continuity planning, safety/loss prevention and emergency response support including Care Team response
- Contract review for risk transfer situations
- Marine claims management including investigation, communication, adjusting, and litigation support. Financial reporting of claim reserves and expenses; establishment of accrual schedules for reserves. Monitor and implement effective action plans to mitigate costs related to guest and crew claims
- Evaluation of initiatives associated with shipboard or island activities, ports-of-call issues with regard to risk
- Medical services management in a cost efficient way by providing high quality care for guests and crew. Provide oversight of medical concessionaire agreement; inventory/supply chain management; coordination of emergency medical evacuations from ports of call or during ship diversions; compliance and partnership with international and domestic public health regulations and guidelines applicable to the operation of the ships
- Support robust company efforts in Occupational Safety and Wellness
- Minimum of 10 years progressive leadership experience and demonstrated record of success in working knowledge of risk management processes, analytics, and execution including but not limited to operations, financials and claims
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior role leading relevant management functions
- Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced degree in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Proven relationship and partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with honesty, directness and candor within all levels of an organization, including briefing executive leadership and operating teams within a matrix organization.
- +Domestic and international travel required as needed
- Maritime industry experience desired
- Knowledge and applicability of maritime laws and regulations desired
- Experience in cruise line and/or hospitality industry
- Knowledge of maritime health regulations
- BS Degree or equivalent
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.