Director, Enterprise ArchitectureApply NowApply Later Job ID 919482BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This Director, Enterprise Architecture role will report to the VP, Architecture & Standards. This role will be part of the newly created Architecture & Standards team that is supporting the transformation of Enterprise Technology through the establishment & application of Enterprise Architecture practices including standards, roadmaps, and architectural design for complex projects
- Leads a team of enterprise architects across multiple technical domains in the development of roadmaps, standards, and patterns.
- Manage the allocation of resources across different projects and deliverables
- Create career, development and succession plans for each member of the team to ensure broad skills coverage and capability
- Develop & coach team to execute against Architecture & Standards strategy
- Define objectives & key results and manage the performance of individuals and the team to achieve them
- Act as technical subject matter expert, supporting architects in the resolution of complex technical problems
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the team as well as the broader Architecture & Standards organization
- Mentor other potential technical leaders across the organization
- Influence & negotiate with other leaders and technical experts to achieve key objectives and outcomes that align with the overall strategy
- Collaborate with the VP, Architecture & Standards in establishing the vision, goals, and implementation plan for the Architecture & Standards function and effectively driving the realization of that vision and goals
- Develop relationships with business and technology leadership and teams, and establish feedback loops that enable the Architecture organization’s continuous improvement.
- Interface with key IT leaders for the purpose of setting strategic direction for the Enterprise Architecture.
- Lead building the Architecture & Standards team from its current state to a fully formed practice and team capable of defining the overall modernization strategy and supporting the company’s on-going roadmap delivery.
- Lead the effective application of enterprise architecture principles through a deep understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices.
- Lead the establishment of architecture processes, principles, standards, and measurements to drive consistency and efficiency.
- Serve as the expert for enterprise architecture tools and technology and provide architectural and strategic consulting in the areas of external trends, best practices and adherence to standards.
- 15 years in IT/IS
- Experience building and leading geographically distributed teams in a complex working environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence engineers, peers, and senior stakeholders to consensus decisions
- Experience in establishing and advocating for an Enterprise Architecture practice/capability
- Possess a thorough understanding of modern work practices such as DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Lean Enterprise/Lean Startup and Enterprise Agile.
- Experience in most of the following technical domains:
- Business Applications
- Data Management
- Client Computing
- Information Security
- BA/BS in computer science/technology or business, or equivalent work experience
- TOGAF certification
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.