Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Cruise Line Revenue Management Intern, Summer/Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10039203 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 24, 2023
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Our shoreside Cast Members support Crew Members and strategy efforts for our five-ship (and still growing) fleet. Chart the course for an incredible internship journey with Disney Cruise Line!
Disney Cruise Line Revenue Management is responsible for fleet-wide pricing, revenue planning and forecasting, and inventory control. Whether implementing yield management strategies in Disney Cruise Line’s reservation system, or using data analysis and industry research to explore opportunities for future cruise experiences, interns can expect to develop their skills in analytics and business strategy while making meaningful contributions to Disney Cruise Line’s revenue goals.
A Day in the Life…
- Researching incremental revenue opportunities and presenting insightful recommendations to Disney Cruise Line Revenue Management team and leadership
- Analyzing historical pricing and booking data
- Completing ad hoc projects and data analysis to assist in achieving short & long term revenue goals
- Researching and reporting on industry news and pricing
- Supporting Analysts with inventory management in Disney Cruise Line’s reservation system
- Monitoring reports and partnering with Guest Services Cast Members to ensure cancellation and other policies are being properly followed
What we are looking for…
- Demonstrated Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Curiosity about using data to answer questions and communicate recommendations, with a desire to develop skills in a variety of data tools (SQL, VBA, and Tableau)
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, with the ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- Desire to learn more about the Disney Cruise Line product and the travel industry
- Familiarity with SQL, VBA, and/or Tableau
- Experience working with and analyzing data sets
- General knowledge or previous experience in the Cruise, Airline or Travel & Tourism industry
- Disney College Program or Professional Internship Alumni
- Currently working towards (or recently graduated with) a degree in Finance, Statistics, Math, Economics, Accounting, Industrial Engineering or other related field
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through January 2024.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) during normal business hours Monday – Friday.
- This internship is a hybrid position. You must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation in the Orlando, FL area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
- We provide limited housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.