Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Institute & National Geographic Live Marketing Strategy Internship - Spring 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10023815 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
From showcasing the business side of the Disney Magic in living laboratories, to sharing incredible storytelling through real world global Explorers, the Disney Institute & National Geographic Live marketing strategy team sets strategic direction through the development of integrated communication plans that increase brand awareness, lead generation, sales conversion and content strategy for unique products and experiences driving annual revenue to Walt Disney World Resort.
The Disney Institute & National Geographic Live Professional Intern will be a part of a dynamic team where they will support and gain exposure to multiple B2B and B2C marketing disciplines, including brand marketing and strategy, creative development, social media, website development, campaign management, paid/digital media, CRM, public relations, and special event execution. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of both creative and technical marketing skills, partnership and communication professionalism, as well as the ability to quickly adapt to shifting business needs and priorities.
Intern responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with various cross-functional teams to ensure that our presence across marketing, advertising and communication channels supports key business objectives for both Disney Institute & National Geographic Live.
- Track website requests and maintenance updates for Disney Institute & National Geographic Live website.
- Support the development of digital content across blog posts, social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn, and expanding video production.
- Assist with CRM strategy and work with key business partners to draft, submit and review email campaigns, including timely reporting of results and overall campaign effectiveness to maximize results and help evolve marketing.
- Engage with 3rd party venues that feature National Geographic Live speakers, and provide marketing support, tools and assets on a weekly basis.
- Provide project-management and measurement support for communicating performance of marketing initiatives.
- Support sales tool creation, including online and offline collateral development, photo and video shoots.
- Attend meetings with internal/external partners and clients, assist with special projects as needed, and provide general administrative support.
- Ability to assist with writing for blog posts, social content and other collateral, as well as performing some digital asset design and modifications.
- Strong analytical and data management skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written communication and project management skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, or other design applications)
- Former Disney College Program participant, working knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, and/or experience with National Geographic organization
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Previous internship or professional experience in Marketing, Advertising, Mass Communications, Journalism or similar
Currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior, or graduated within six months of application submission, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Mass Communications, Business or related field
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2023 through June 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship (40 hours/week) Monday through Friday, with possible evenings and weekends if necessary.
Housing: This internship based in Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information click here.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete an interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for an interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Business Productions, LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Business Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.