Already applied?View Dashboard
Disney Institute Instructional DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 527854BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 05/15/2018
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Core Content Development Specialist is responsible for project managing the research, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of core professional development products within assigned areas of expertise. The individual will provide expertise in researching and documenting best practices enterprise-wide, and developing appropriate tools, materials and delivery methodologies for delivery across multiple platforms. Collaborate and consult both internally and externally with other content specialists, writers, multimedia partners, and various vendors, suppliers, and contractors to create global learning and performance improvement products.
- Research, analysis, design, development, delivery, and evaluation of assigned content topics, in all appropriate formats, including instructor-led training (ILT), Virtual ILT, Computer-based Training, and Mobile.
- Modify content as required by participant feedback or client discovery.
- Curriculum/program maintenance including content refresh work, guest speaker coordination, field experience development and other program enhancements.
- Provide initial training of Disney Institute’s teaching methodology of insights-based content and delivery architecture to Disney Institute Cast Members.
- Regularly monitor delivery of content for quality and effectiveness using a variety of evaluation methods.
- Make routine decisions regarding program adjustments based on observations in the field.
- Routine Management of program resources.
- Manage the pipeline of Guest Speakers and provide up skill training as needed.
- Periodic on-stage delivery of training, pilots, premieres, and strategic programs as assigned
- Assist in developing new and tailored content for Marketing and Public Relations as needed within their respective areas of expertis
- Minimum four years Disney Leadership Experience, or significant related professional experience
- Excellent project/time management skills, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of adult learning and organization improvement principles
- Ability to understand business strategy and translate it into learning solutions
- Demonstrated very strong written verbal and presentation communication skills as well as strong skill set on Microsoft office suites and proficient in MAC operating systems
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to interact credibly and represent the Disney brand with external business clients at all levels
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and fast-paced change driven by growth and client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to localize content to multiple cultures and languages around the globe
- Moderate travel required
- Prior adult learning/training and development experience
- Prior external business leadership experience
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance through ASTD
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office suite, Indesign and Advanced Word and Indesign for Production elements. Very familiar with MAC operating system
- Facilitation experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in ISD, business, education, or related field or equivalent experience
- Masters degree in ISD, business, education, or related field
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Business Productions LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Business Productions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.