Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Disney Signature Experiences Public Relations Internship – Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627169BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Adventures by Disney,Disney Vacation Club, Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May. 10, 2019
This position is part of the Disney Signature Experiences Public Relations team, which develops and executes consumer media communications strategies that drive traditional and social media coverage to increase awareness for Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Aulani, Disney Vacation Club, and Golden Oak.
Please note strong candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a writing sample. Instructions will be provided at that time.
A day in the life…
Support domestic and international PR efforts that target a variety of media outlets including print, online and broadcast. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer media inquiries and assist with managing media relationships
- Maintain media contact and project databases
- Create and maintain coverage and project reports
- Maintain news media website and press materials archive
- Manage news photography library
- Develop press event materials (i.e. media invitations, itineraries, collateral)
- Develop story angles and media pitches
- Write news releases, fact sheets and other media materials
- Create written and visual content for the Disney Parks Blog
- Produce photos for editorial and social use and develop news-style photo captions
- Produce video content for broadcast and online channels
- Assist with planning and executing media FAMs and press events
- Coordinate media visits
- Oversee development of media amenities and department assets
- Provide general administrative support, i.e. correspondence and phone coverage
- Assist with special projects as needed
Following are the minimum qualifications required to be considered for this position:
- Proficiency with Associated Press writing style
- Previous roles in Journalism, Public Relations, Media Relations or similar with experience in writing/reporting and project management
- Proven research skills and an understanding of how the news media works
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects
- Proven ability to clearly and succinctly communicate ideas both verbally and visually
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong partnering and relationship skills needed to excel within a team environment
- Motivated, positive attitude and a passion for communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in a Mac environment
- Video production experience
- Graphic design experience
- Previous experience as a Disney Cast Member
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher, or graduated within six months of application submission, in an accredited college/university earning a degree in Journalism, Media Relations, Public Relations, Mass Communication or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Adventures by Disney:
Adventures by Disney is a leader in guided group family vacation experiences, offering itineraries to some of the most beautiful places on the planet including China, Australia, South Africa, Peru, England and France, as well as North American adventures in Alaska, the Rockies and more. Adventures by Disney takes families to some of the world’s most sought-after destinations, delivering unmatched guest service by trained adventure guides and local experts, uncompromising attention to detail, and a bit of Disney magic every step of the way. Together, adventure guides and guests embark on adventures that enable them to interact with world cultures in exciting new ways.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Adventures by Disney.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.