Already applied?View Dashboard
Dry Dock Entertainment Technical Manager, Disney Cruise LineApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604249BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Under the oversight of the Managing Director, Disney Cruise Line (DCL) UK office, manages the approved dry dock scope of work for fleet’s entertainment technical work being undertaken during the dry docking period.
- Plan and execute Entertainment Technical Dry Dock work.
- Responsible for writing the full, detailed scope of work on designated approved scope of work for entertainment technical work to be undertaken during the dry dock. Provide detailed specifications on the technical aspects of the technical entertainment work to be undertaken to sub-contracting companies for contract bidding quotations
- Provide appropriate documentation, including technical specification for approved scope delivery
- Produce Technical product specifications as required, consult with external bodies for compliance and best practice
- Provide full breakdown and evaluation of vendor bids quotations to Managing Director London Office and internal senior leadership
- Conduct research into new ideas, products and upcoming regulatory changes to ensure all entertainment work are future proof.
- Liaise with Operational team, specifically Manager Entertainment Operations and Manager Technical Operations, for Dry Dock entertainment work planning
- Partner with Shipyard, WDI, Contracted Vendors, and external Regulatory bodies as required (LR- RO- WDI-WDW) for approved scope delivery.
- Manage additional consulting team members engaged for specific tasks/areas
- Responsible for effective communication to shipboard leadership on designated Dry Dock entertainment work to be undertaken during the vessels dry-docking period
- Liaise with ships leadership for feedback on project delivery and ongoing support requirements
- Liaise with Shipboard Senior Management for technical support including:
- Additional labour, approved scope coordination, and warranty support as required
- Provide Purchasing and Logistics with all necessary information on owner supply equipment and materials for designated approved scope of work
- Negotiate most advantageous choice of Vendor for contract selection with Quality and Cost prime considerations
- Manage labour and material finances to ensure technical entertainment dry dock work meet budget requirements
- Ensure that individual designated approved scope of work is completed on time and with budget
- Lead dry dock consultants on scope of work under area of responsibility
- Oversee and Quality assure product delivery and provide consultant and vendor performance feedback/data as required.
- Oversee and ensure all Technical Safety implications are considered.
- Ensure Vendor Safety / Technical entertainment standard is compatible with Disney quality assurance.
- Oversee Vendors work through the whole of the process
- Provide monthly and, ad hoc as requested, reports on designated dry dock and project work
- Provide Quality Assurance with designated approved scope of work through the design, installation and completion process
- Provide project coordinator with all necessary information on sub-contractor personnel for dry dock
- Accompany sub-contractors onboard whilst undertaking work. Liaise with shipboard leadership on all aspects of safety and work to be undertaken. Oversee work undertaken and ensure it is within the contracted design scope of work. Ensure full quality assurance of work undertaken.
- Ensure that sub-contractors provide all material safety certification, as fitted drawings and manufacturers manuals where appropriate
- 5+ years sea-going technical entertainment engineering experience
- Previous Dry Dock experience required with emphasis on repair and replacement of entertainment equipment on modern large passenger vessels
- 5+ years Project management experience; Office Technical Entertainment Operations and Ship Management experience
- Cruise sector technical operations experience
- Previous financial experience/responsibility in +$1m dry dockings/projects
- Professional training in marine Regulations
Preferred Qualifications:Special Skills
- Ability to build effective professional relationships
- Ability to quickly establish an internal & external network of marine professionals
- Global collaborator
- Flexibility to work with ships in different locations and time zones
- Flexibility to work with shore side teams residing in US and UK offices
- Technical Certification, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.