Engineering Sustainability Project Manager-(TA/PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10061393 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Nov. 27, 2023
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow cast, crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do. As a part of our team, you can work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
The Engineering Sustainability Manager is responsible for investigations, plannings and installations of MTO related sustainability projects for the DCL Fleet and the Company’s Island destinations.
- Manage MTO sustainability related engineering technical installations and projects in support of the Company environmental targets and goals.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned shipboard technical systems incorporated are operated, monitored, and maintained to ensure continued compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Assist in the development and planning of project related key equipment maintenance and inspection periods in line with the vessels planned operational profile.
- Source, appoint and manage suitable vendors to deliver assigned projects on time, ensuring any required maintenance I accounted for and within approved budgets.
- Review, adjust and introduce procedures and work instructions for projects conducted within areas of responsibility.
- Ensure proper record keeping is maintained and that Classification Society and Regulatory compliance is adhered to.
- Liaison with DCL Environmental Water, Emissions, Waste and Compliance Teams to ensure MTO related environmental project compliance with current and future requirements under areas of responsibility.
- Oversee engineering technical projects to ensure compliance with applicable Corporate, Flag State, Port State, International and Classification Society resolutions and requirements, including upkeep, exchange, and maintenance of installed environmental compliance systems.
- Oversee environmental project support for the DCL Fleet and Island destinations ensuring that proper documentation processes are followed within the company-approved maintenance system.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Corporate led environmental related engineering equipment and submit necessary applications for installation of new and emerging systems to assist in achieving Corporate Targets and Goals.
- Undertake scoping of and source funding for assigned environmental projects and any additional projects assigned by the Executive Director MTO
- Be an active member of the Company Environmental Sustainability Group.
- Liaise closely with MTO Manager -Environmental Operations
- Possess a working understanding of environmental agencies such as IMO, USEPA, USDA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the relevant role
- Competent in computer technologies
- Experience in the use of computer-based maintenance systems
- Experience in project management of high value engineering projects.
- Ability to source and understand relevant regulations, guidance, build specification and technical drawings.
- Possess an engineering biased analytical background with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple discipline teams, driving assigned projects for delivery on time and within budget.
- Control of assigned project budgets, approving associated Purchase and Service orders within permitted monetary range.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willing to travel for extended periods.
- Environmental systems and Engineering background preferred.
- Experience in the use of computer-based maintenance systems AMOS and M&P
- Bachelor’s degree in an Environmental Engineering subject or equivalent.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.