Enterprise Application Support Analyst – SAP Time & PayrollApply NowApply Later Job ID 949267BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 15, 2022
At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to provide technology solutions that align to business strategies while ensuring enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, promoting business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Enterprise Application and Data Platform group is part of the End-user & Tech Operation. We manage excellence in operating business systems to support the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automation.
Within Disney Enterprise Technology you will provide Application Support services relating to Domestic (U.S.) SAP Time and Payroll. You will work within the Application Support Community that exists to promote consistency and excellence of the support services across Enterprise Technology.
The ideal candidate will have deep functional expertise coupled with application support experience. Specifically, you will work with users, partners, and senior business stakeholders.
This position will report to the Manager, HCM Application Support
- Learn how to provide high-quality, scalable and cost-effective solutions that meet our requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Partner in investigating and resolving production related issues promptly from end-user (UI) to persistence layer
- Participate in the technical recovery of major system outages, working with numerous partners including external vendors or outsourced service delivery teams
- Develop technical documentation to help ensure that support can be performed and the impact of future requests can be assessed
- Find and address risks to the service delivery and address and resolve issues before they impact service levels (Mid to Senior Level)
- Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement programs, including application performance management (Senior Level)
- Manage the delivery of high-quality, scalable and cost-effective solutions that meet our requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies (Senior Level)
- Be a technology subject matter expert, partnering with technology partners and clients to both address issues and recommend/implement enhancements (Senior Level)
- Oversee vendor/partners in the resolution of incidents/problems/requests, ensuring service quality targets are met.
- Gather requirements for minor enhancements and oversee the resultant product from the vendors
- Participate in periodic problem analysis meetings and post implementation reviews to document insights and ensure the continuous improvement of the IT services
- Implement continuous improvement on existing technical solutions (Senior Level)
- Implement complex technology solutions in partnership with Solution Architects, Product & Engineering Managers to support our goals
- Advocate for operational excellence by ensuring that all technology deliverables are efficient, easy to implement, simple to consume and measurable
- Ensure application solutions meet business expectations through capacity, performance and availability management.
- Maintain awareness of standards, guidelines, and industry trends.
- Maintain a high level of functional expertise by keeping up-to-date with the latest applicable functional changes/ knowledge (Mid to Senior Level)
- A self-starter, who can navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through influence and collaboration.
- Build working relationships in a matrix environment with other groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes.
- A willingness to learn and ask questions.
- A collaborator who enjoys connecting with people to absorb expertise.
- Self-starter who will pursue knowledge and investigate systems with appropriate guidance.
- Deep domain and functional expertise will be essential, as delivery will be accomplished in a matrixed environment of all partners, and suppliers. (Mid to Senior Level)
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to development principles. (Mid to Senior Level)
- A practitioner of the Service Management principles who can proceed through review boards and other SA activities. (Senior Level)
- Knowledge of computer systems and business analysis principles
- Experience with data privacy and data security
- Strong desire to learn and contribute
- Strong negotiating and agreement building abilities.
- Exemplary communications skills
- SAP Time functional and configuration experience including CATS, Time Evaluation and time interface processing from external time systems. (Mid to Senior Level)
- SAP U.S. Payroll function and configuration experience (Mid to Senior Level)
- 5+ years of experience with HR data and HR data tools and systems (Mid to Senior Level)
- 3+ years of experience with data governance responsibilities (Mid to Senior Level)
- Participation in formal change management processes (Mid to Senior Level)
- 3+ years of experience investigating and resolving production related issues promptly (Mid to Senior Level)
- 5+ years of experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and Agile (Mid to Senior Level)
- 3–8+ years in a support engineer role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- 2-5+ years in functional experience with relevant technologies
- Experience of the technologies relevant to the post, including functional expertise and complex problem solving
- Professional technical certification relevant to the post
- Any previous computer systems job experience, involving Time and Payroll experience
- Code knowledge
- 2+ years working in a production support environment (Mid to Senior Level)
- UKG Workforce Central (Kronos) (Mid to Senior Level)
- Additional country SAP payroll experience: Canada, United Kingdom, France, China and Hong Kong (Mid to Senior Level)
- Advanced technical certifications relevant to the post (Mid to Senior Level)
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.