Expeditor (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 993966BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Department has the primary responsibility of sourcing goods and services and coordinating their delivery for the Disney Cruise Line Ships and the private Island locations. The Expeditor provides direct support to assigned Disney Cruise Line Ship, and the Island. The Expeditor coordinates with their partner Sourcing Specialist in the tracking and of placed orders. Communicates and follows through with all suppliers and logistics partners to track the production and distribution timelines of open orders to meet the limited delivery window presented while the ship is in port. Works with appropriate parties to re-direct, or expedite deliveries of critical items. Communicates the status of deliveries to the appropriate departments. Assists in managing vendor relationships by tracking supplier performance to meet on-time delivery, responsiveness and support speed to market. Supports as a team member, select initiatives designed to improve departmental operations.
Responsibilities:Provides order support and tracking for Disney Cruise Line vessels
- Supports team in completing basic processes in a productive manner
- Provides accurate and timely data in support of order process
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Interacts successfully with global suppliers to define lead times and then meet delivery timelines
- Coordinates with, vendors and logistic partners (internal and external) to ensure traceability
- Escalates as needed to resolve issues, i.e. extended or missed timelines, order errors, and returns
- Provides tracking of supplier performance, including late deliveries and overall responsiveness to our business requirements
- Provides weekly status of all open orders
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders regarding order status
- Internal process improvement and optimization
- Supply Chain review efforts to identify problem areas
- Category Management efforts to research and report spend in support of negotiations
- Experience in supporting a Sourcing and Procurement department
- Treats others with respect
- Listens and asks questions to ensure understanding
- Keeps commitments
- Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds and work styles (Invites diverse points of view)
- Tailors messages appropriately to the audience
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve (Conceives creative ideas)
- Uses technology to facilitate better results and support productivity
- Competent with Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word
- Fluent in English
- Contributes to team collaboration (Remaining productive despite uncertainty)
- Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
- Conveys relevant information (challenges, issues, trends, etc.) with external suppliers and internal cross-functional teams in a candid and timely manner
- Suggests ways to increase efficiencies in communication and output with the team and key suppliers
- Strengthens others through mentoring and feedback (Inspiring and motivating peers)
- Operational familiarity with AMOS and SAP Procurement modules
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.