Financial Accounting Analyst (IA)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10009764 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Financial Accounting Analyst will provide excellent customer service to business units by examining the project source Accounting and Engineering documents, performing the analysis and allocation of cost into Fixed Assets following US GAAP Accounting Rules, Federal and State Tax regulations and Disney Corporate Policy. They will assist the Fixed Assets Accountants on the execution of Accounting transactions to record the Fixed Assets, allocate the cost based on Accounting transactions and performing Accounting transactions associated to the asset retirements, transfers and modifications in accordance with US GAAP, Disney Policy and Tax Regulations.
This position is responsible for performing the analyses of project Accounting and Engineering source documents. They will perform Accounting Asset segregation following US GAAP rules, Tax Regulations and Disney Corporate Policy for a $2B+ a year spending performed by Legal Entities across US. The analysis and Accounting segregation performed by this position has a direct impact on the Enterprise Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statements as well as a direct impact into the Tax deductions and property tax payments performed by Corporate Tax.
- Perform cost segregation on large and complex projects with multiple asset components.
- Travel to domestic locations as required to lead property walk throughs and meet with project managers.
- Partner with Property Tax to coordinate fulfilment of audit documentation requests and questions.
- Lead meetings with management to address accounting/company policy guidance.
- Understand technical/engineering aspects of assets to clarify or challenge associated costs.
- Perform review of peer or lowered-tier staff work products.
- Train/coach new/lowered-tier staff.
- Prepare quarterly account reconciliations and CapEx reports – Complex.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Policies.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with BU management.
- 0-2 years of experience working in Accounting
- Experience working in Fixed Assets
- Software engineering, real estate development & construction or industrial engineering
- Demonstrated ability on MS Excel Functions and Formulas
- General knowledge of construction projects
- 3+ years of experience working in Accounting
- SAP knowledge
- Knowledge on MACRS recovery periods
- Property tax knowledge and experience
- General knowledge of Attractions, Entertainment, and Hotel projects
- General knowledge of hardware and software development
- Six Sigma certification
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering or similar
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, an MBA or similar
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.