Financial Accounting Analyst - Lease AdministrationApply NowApply Later Job ID 972866BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Controllership – Lease Administration is a part of The Walt Disney Company that is an expanding team of process experts, administrators and accounting professionals who provide shared administrative and accounting services to the Walt Disney Company (including all business segments). Under the leadership of the Manager, Financial Accounting this position is responsible for taking a key role in all activities associated with Disney’s Shared Service’s goal to standardize leases to a central service system and environment, and conducting the day-to-day lease administration and reporting activities, and Stakeholder support functions performed by the team. This role has high interaction with a broad array of corporate and segment management personnel and external parties. This position represents a unique opportunity to help an expanding team in the provision of accounting & administrative expertise, often within a team of other functional experts, on key business initiatives and special projects within the Company.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the Lease Management System through the abstraction of rental components of lease provisions
- Reconcile non reoccurring/reoccurring invoices for compliance with lease terms
- Process payment adjustments to Tririga database for renewals, expansions or contractions
- Perform as a processor of weekly non-reoccurring ad hoc payments and monthly reoccurring payments for the designated portfolios
- Help to manage SAP / database vendor changes and setups
- Prepare ad hoc payment history and operating cost reports for Account Managers and other stakeholders in response to inquiries
- Assist in the resolution of day to day issues and questions from landlords, account managers and other stakeholders through SAP and Tririga
- Process deposits for broker commissions, tenant improvement allowance, A/R, and any misc. deposits as applicable
- Create invoices for A/R tenants if applicable
- Assist in the on-going management of the lease administration system Tririga by:
- Performing data audits and clean-up critical dates (e.g. options & expirations, vendor changes, estoppels), lease status
- Communicating issues to the IT department
- Performing test cases along with other team members and working with IT in the implementation of ongoing enhancements and system upgrades
- In partnership with all team members, assist in maintaining the tracking and files of lease related document in the electronic repository for contracts
- Assist with special projects, as assigned, in support of the DWSS and Disney wide initiatives and directives
- 2-3 years experience in the commercial real estate lease administration industry and/or paralegal or property management fields having worked in either (or both) the Landlord and Tenant sector required
- Familiarity with general functions in the administration of real estate leases including the review and abstraction
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Intermediate Excel skills a must (use of V-lookups)
- 3-5 years experience in the commercial real estate lease administration industry and/or paralegal or property management fields having worked in either (or both) the Landlord and Tenant sector required preferred
- Experience with varieties of real estate accounting database software (e.g. Tririga, Yardi, Visual Lease, Accruent, CoStar, etc.) and MS Office Suite (Word, and PowerPoint), SAP a plus.
Required EducationBachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or similar field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.