Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 768728BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 11, 2020
The Corporate Real Estate and Lease Accounting department has recently implemented the new lease accounting guidance for the entire company and centralized global accounting for leases. This position will be integral in providing technical accounting expertise regarding the new lease accounting standard and as well as in relation to day to day accounting and real estate transactions.
- Responsible for the day to day general ledger accounting and reporting activities for Corporate Real Estate and The Disney Stores
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination, review and analysis of the management reporting process for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
- Preparation of journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Review of contracts and analysis for lease accounting transactions
- Preparation of straight-line schedules for all Company leases
- Technical research for business partner inquiries
- Provide analytical support to the Finance teams for annual AOP and quarterly forecast processes
- Analysis and preparation of monthly and quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet variance analyses
- SOX, governmental, and tax compliance tasks
- Preparation of support for annual federal and state income, property, and real estate tax filings
- Preparation of 10K/10Q related reporting
- Ad hoc project work including the two aforementioned projects (implementation of new guidance and centralization projects)
- Preference is to have 2-3 years of relevant work experience and proven record and ability to work with different cultures and points of view
- Strong understanding of key policies, procedures, functions in the Accounting and Finance department
- Strong understanding and ability to demonstrate principles and techniques of General Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP"), Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), financial reporting, forecasting and analysis. Conversant in relevant accounting guidance related to lease accounting.
- Able to demonstrate and provide critical and complex problem solving techniques and resolutions while maintaining relationships with clients in a high stress environment
- Strong understanding and ability to facilitate internal auditing procedures, external audit procedures, government accounting and principles, and practices of budget development/ administration
- Strong understanding and skills with SAP, financial/project management systems development and implementation plans and training procedures
- Strong understanding and ability to analyze, interpret and prepare financial statements and reports
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Team player who leads by example and will mentor a more junior accountant to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, decisive
- Demonstrated track record of professional performance
- CPA license
- SAP experience preferred
Required EducationBachelor’s in Accounting
Preferred EducationMaster’s degree/CPA preferred (or equivalent work experience) required in Accounting, Business, Business Administration, Finance or a related area of study
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.