Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 854747BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
- Participate in the quarterly close process, including processing journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and assisting with ad-hoc reporting requests
- Prepare and analyze line of business and segment financial results
- Apply knowledge and understanding of financial and US GAAP accounting principles to our systems and business processes
- Research and provide solutions to questions from the segment partners that we serve
- Perform ad hoc projects in support of the organization and business
- 1-3 years of public or private accounting experience
- Understanding of key policies, procedures, functions in the Accounting and Finance department and the Administrative Services division
- Understanding and ability to demonstrate principles and techniques of General Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP") and Financial Reporting
- Proven computer proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, V-lookups, H-lookups, macros
- Demonstrated relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 2+ years accounting experience including active involvement in the close process, preparation and/or auditing
- Experience with SAP or other Enterprise accounting systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA, MSAcc, CPA, or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.