Financial Analyst (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 915328BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
- Perform accounting and close activities for the Disney Technology Shared Services and Corporate segments’ Balance Sheet, including project management.
- Meet with segment contacts to obtain updates on the status of projects and documenting the changes
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting to determine appropriate accounting treatment for transactions
- Perform analysis and other reporting for impacts related to Prepaid & Accrued Expenses and Fixed & Other Assets
- Perform testing of SOX and other key controls for the Corporate segment
- Assist with completion of quarterly reconciliation and analysis for variances
- Support and assist Business Unit customers with inquiries relating to the Corporate Balance Sheet
- Provide excellent customer service to our Business Unit clients by meeting and exceeding our Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements
- Support fellow Cast Members by providing assistance with day-to-day issues and transactions
- Create and support BU requests for Project WBS in SAP.
- Demonstrates computer proficiency with Excel
- Demonstrates problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong partnering skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with SAP including Project WBS creation and maintenance (Preferred)
- Ability to handle high volume work in a deadline driven environment
- 2-5 years of corporate accounting experience
Required EducationBachelors of Accounting or Finance
Preferred EducationBachelors in Accounting and/or Masters in Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.