Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial Systems AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 618003BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 12, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Global Transformation and Operational Strategy (GTOS) team plays a key role in supporting strategic operational initiatives for the Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) Transaction Services team (Payroll, Procure To Pay, and Travel & Expense (T&E) Accounting. Partnering with other Disney Financial Systems (DFS) team members, this group supports operational projects targeted at optimizing processes through technology modernization and/or process improvements, providing world-class services to multiple layers of customers and partners, leveraging contemporary technologies to innovate and improve value. GTOS also supports global expansions and transformations involving DWSS partners in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Latin America (LATAM), and Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) regions.
The Financial Systems Analyst assists leaders by executing continuous improvement initiatives that reduce operational cost, improve customer service level, and drive process efficiency. The role will lead requirements gathering with multiple global and local functional teams, perform data mining, develop insights from analysis and present the resulting information in a structured and concise manner. The Financial Systems Analyst supports the development, implementation, and deployment of strategic projects.
Responsibilities:Process Improvement/Business Analysis:
- Collaborate with Transaction Services teams to identify operational issues and concerns and develop organized change strategies that improve efficiency or enhance service delivery
- Use data mining techniques to extrapolate and compile historical data; identify knowledge gaps and additional information needed to complete analysis
- Interpret historical data or perform process/gap analysis to evaluate problems and causes for which procedural or system changes are required
- Efficiently summarize information derived from data analysis to articulate the essence of complex issues
- Use creativity and analytical thinking to evaluate solution alternatives and develop recommendations
- Develop and use work aids, such as process descriptions, checklists, templates and guides to train personnel on process, reporting or system changes
- Partner with Transaction Services teams to develop key performance metrics (KPIs), and establish targets for performance monitoring
- Initiate, scope, and manage projects for identified improvements using standardized methodologies
- Identify and document business and functional design requirements for the implementation or enhancement of vendor-supported tools
- Provide timely and thorough status updates for all tasks and assignments
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks without compromising on timely delivery and quality of work
- Coordinate the testing of new systems and enhancements to existing vendor-supported systems; verify changes meet business requirements
- Experience using continuous improvement and project management methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, TQM, PMP® or similar)
- Experience with any business intelligence/data warehousing and reporting systems (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects Analysis, Cognos, MS SQL Report Builder or similar)
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms
- Working knowledge of SAP Finance modules and transaction code executions
- Proficiency in data mining
- Proficiency in project management, particularly as it pertains to technology implementation or enhancement, including development of test plans and facilitating user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within Excel (Pivot, Functions, Macro), Visio and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience partnering with global stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Excellent facilitator capable of influencing people over which he/she has no authority
- Proven ability in making customers the key focus for decisions about business processes (i.e. Customer Focus)
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation
- Formal process improvement, project management or business analysis accreditation (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt, PMP®, TQM or similar)
- Prior experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau or MS Reporting Services
- Experience transitioning financial services functions to a Shared Service Center environment
- Experience in developing and maintaining key performance metrics for financial service functions
- Proficiency in major accounting systems (preferably SAP)
- Familiarity using MiniTab and MS Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Business Administration or similar career field or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Business Management or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.