Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Fixed Asset Accounting Intern - Summer/Fall 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 913593BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 17, 2022
Disney Worldwide Shared Services (“DWSS”) is an expanding team of process experts and accounting professionals who provide various shared accounting services to The Walt Disney Company (including all business segments). Fixed Assets Accounting performs asset capitalizations and maintain the Fixed Asset sub-ledger for various lines of business across the Company.
Responsibilities:Make an Impact by...
Acting as an embedded team member within Disney’s Fixed Asset Center of Excellence
Gathering and analyzing data, performing computations and preparing cost segregations for Fixed Asset Capitalization
Collaborating with business and accounting personnel throughout the company to obtain and analyze data for SOX compliance
Perform ad hoc special projects & deliverables
Working with our Fixed Asset dedicated tax team to prepare our corporate tax return for fixed asset related line items
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role...
- A strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- At least one previous internship or other accounting/tax experience with a CPA firm or medium-large corporation OR
- One or more parts of the CPA exam taken and passed
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months) a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or other related major
GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A grade of an A or B in Intermediate Accounting
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program Dates: Must be fully available from June 2022 through January 2023
- Must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must provide own housing and transportation to and from work in the Orlando area. We provide housing opportunities for Florida Based Professional Interns through American Campus Communities, for more information click here
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.