Already applied?View Dashboard
Food Allergen & Dietary Culinary Manager, Disney Cruise LineApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746115BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 17, 2020
- Responsible for strategy development of fleet allergen and dietary standards, including contributing to menu development and dish creation, implementation, recipe auditing, cost management and consistency, and support onboard front/back of house Food & Beverage teams
- Responsible for allergen management, menus, process and product selection, and delivery
- Responsible for assisting the Food Managers in sustaining successful culinary operations and to provide vision for the future.
- Through culinary excellence, constantly look for ways to create, renew, and refresh in order to delight our guests with new allergen and/or special dietary products and dining options
- Assist in development of all allergen and special dietary menu content
- Responsible for standard development of special dietary needs/processes
- Building and maintaining an allergen and special dietary portfolio capturing all available products
- Responsible to collaborate with Food & Beverage (F&B) leaders to drive dietary menu recommendations
- Responsible for enhancing existing allergen and special dietary training resources, as well as development of new resources, for front and back of house F&B teams
- Partner with Food Managers to achieve highest culinary standards and crew excellence by effective leadership, motivation, empowerment, and communication
- Establish effective partnerships with other line of business by fostering teamwork among shipboard and shore teams
- Partner with ship's teams to ensure all audits are being completed in a timely manner, which will also include regular auditing of all procedures
- Act as coach, mentor, and advisor to culinary teams
- Assist in leading indirect reports to define, communicate, and achieve specific goals in the areas of Guest Satisfaction, Crew Excellence, operational and financial excellence, and productivity. This includes development, implementation, and upkeep of Operating Guidelines
- Establish effective relationships with key partners to achieve goals including:
- Walt Disney World Culinary to leverage synergies including process improvements, product concepts, quality standards, and purchasing power
- Procurement and Sourcing to optimize allergen food quality, variety, and cost
- Marketing, Entertainment, and other product development stakeholders to see to optimal theming and product consistency
- Safety Management System (SMS) responsibility for upholding the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System within areas under their control
- Minimum 3 years Executive Chef Industry experience or higher
- Proven computer skills
- Demonstrated menu creation, culinary, and implementation skills
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation Skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with diverse Cast/Crew population
- Proven ability to influence
- Problem-solving and project implementation skills
- Ability to connect strategy to implementation to execution
- Open to a flexible schedule, which include variable shifts and days off in a rapid changing environment
- High school degree or equivalent
- Certified Executive Chef or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.