Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Graphic Design, Disney Institute Intern, FL, Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519518BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 02/01/2018
Imagine an internship in which you’ll design images every week that will be seen by thousands of people every day. Imagine being able to take your own designs from initial concept through completion, instead of simply supporting someone else’s design process. Imagine an internship where you are a full-fledged member of a fast-paced communication team and the only coffee you’ll be getting is your own. Now imagine kicking off your career with an internship in the place where dreams come true. Interested?
Operate desktop publishing software (IN DESIGN) and MAC to design, layout, and produce camera-ready copy. Work with partners and consultants for instructions and feedback throughout process, making modifications as necessary. Enter text into computer keyboard and select the size and style of type, column width and appropriate spacing for printed materials. Store copies of publications using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
Design, Create graphics and photos using pixel or bitmap editing, airbrushing, masking, or image retouching. Import text and art elements such as electronic clip-art or electronic files from photographs that have been scanned or produced with a digital camera, using computer software.
Prepare sample layouts for approval, using computer software. Study layout or other design instructions to determine work to be done and sequence of operations. Transmit, deliver or mail publication master to printer for production.
Collaborate with internal clients, partner graphic artists, editors and writers to produce master copies according to design specifications. Create special effects such as vignettes, mosaics, and image combining, and add elements such as sound and animation to electronic publications.
- Specific college training in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign
- MAC office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
- Desktop Publisher"English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
- Organizational skills to manage project deadlines
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program or other Disney experience
- Currently enrolled, or graduated within 6 months of the start date of this internship, in a college or university earning a degree in Graphic Design or a closely related major
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.