Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Immersive Retail Design Intern, FL Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 742625BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 03, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life
- Render Blue-Sky immersive product ideas, retail environments, graphics, pitch decks, and mood boards.
- Design retail and immersive concepts, pitch decks and global research and forecasting presentations for domestic and international sites.
- Supports Manager in identifying and developing new retail opportunity’s, inclusive of demographic and site-specific opportunities, products, and immersive experiences
- Synthesize external market trends, interpret data on consumer behaviors and competitive analysis daily from secondary research engines including but not limited to: Trend hunter, WGSN, Contagious, Kantar, Stylus, Mint Moda, and Net-base and all secondary sources via Marketing
- Partner daily with Manager to forecast and synthesize occurrences in retail landscape, demography and consumer behavior into Macro and Micro Trends.
- Understand what drives the behavior of our Guest, aspirations, inspiration, satisfaction, and dissatisfaction
- Uses design-based thinking and tools to apply technology, market, consumer, culture, and business models to a merchandise product and/or immersive experience.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Table...
- Relevant experience related to Merchandise, Design, Graphic Design, Trend Forecasting, Themed product development, brand development, new store development, and Experience Design
- Must be proficient in: Keynote, IMovie, SketchUp, Revit, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, 3D Studio Max
- Passion for Retail and Retail Forecasting
- Must be High level of interest, knowledge, and experience with the Disney Brand
- Experience using Design-based thinking and tools
- Good understanding of brand while researching, recognizing and synthesizing broad patterns and trends that will resonate with the guest
- Content creation and video editing
- Solid communication & presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to render and develop multiple projects at a fast pace
Preferred Qualifications:Nice to Haves...
- Ability to collaborate with others, accept feedback, and enthusiastically perform a wide range of tasks.
- Detail-oriented, strong self-initiative and ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- High level of energy with strong desire to learn and grow.
- Previous work experience with The Walt Disney Company
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in Merchandise Presentation, Interior Design, Graphic Design or equivalent field OR have graduated within 6 months
**An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered**
**College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are March 2020 – June 2020.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.