Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Instructional Design Services Internship - Summer/Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738603BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
Learning Services and Support, responsible for developing electronic and instructor-led learning components for Global Marketing and Sales Cast as well as third-party Travel Trade partners. We are comprised of Client Solutions, Creative Development, Facilitation & Logistics, and Instructional Design teams. The output from our team supports a variety of Disney Parks and Resorts products including: Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Adventures by Disney®, and Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa.
Responsibilities:Make an impact by...
- Assisting with the creation, design and development of learning tools for Cast and Clients, including but not limited to reference guides, “how-to” tutorial sheets, PowerPoint presentations, webinars/webcasts, online learning experiences, and traditional classroom training experiences.
- Collaborating with other Learning Services team members, Subject Matter Experts, and key partners to assist with the design and development of training solutions.
- Creating Knowledge Assessments associated with learning courses.
- Working collaboratively to design standard operating procedures, in order to streamline current and future processes.
- Assisting with internal course maintenance processes, assuring content stays current and ready to be used at any time.
- Observing real time classes to gain perspective of implementation of Training design.
- Following the ADDIE model for instructional design.
- Participating in “Train-the-Trainer” and debrief sessions, gathering information related to class flow
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role...
- Experience and strong understanding of sales
- Professional writing skills
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Prior experience with Training systems
- Prior experience with Training Design Technical background
- Junior, senior or recent graduate pursuing a degree in Instructional Design, Business, Training & Development, Sales, Communications, or closely related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Graduate student pursuing a degree in Instructional Design, Business, Training & Development, Sales, Communications, or closely related field
Additional Information:Required Materials:
To upload your transcript:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the transcript
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Transcript
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Housing: This internship is located in Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.