Already applied?View Dashboard
Instructional Writer, Disney Cruise LineApply Now Apply Later Job ID 640560BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line,Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Apr. 19, 2019
Job Summary:The Instructional Writer will be responsible for executing the designed learning solution by writing, documenting, printing and maintaining training materials for Shoreside Travel Operations training initiatives. This position will drive the quality control process including editing, proofreading, validating consistency as well as the storage and distribution of training materials. In addition, this role will facilitate training programs locally as needed for STOps Contact Center and Back Office areas. This is an hourly role.
- Execute the designed learning solution by writing, documenting and maintaining training materials for Shoreside Travel Operations training initiatives.
- Drive the quality control process including editing, proofreading and validating consistency for all of STOps training content.
- Apply expertise in grammar, punctuation, spelling, company nomenclature and copyright compliance.
- Ensure training materials are printed appropriately.
- Facilitate training programs locally as needed for STOps Contact Center and Back Office areas.
- Proven strong ability to write in a clear and grammatically correct manner
- Proven strong ability to create/develop, revise, and edit written and electronic copy
- Demonstrated strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in quality control processes
- Flexibility to work on ever-changing priorities in a time sensitive environment and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven ability to facilitate learning and effectively communicate with Cast Members at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills, as well as continuous improvement and organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Disney Cruise Line/Adventures by Disney product
- Proven knowledge of instructional design/development, ADDIE and adult learning concepts
- Proven ability to conduct effective needs, job, and task analysis
- Demonstrated experience in writing for a training audience
- Proficiency with Backlot, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, Learning Management Systems, Articulate, Adobe Captivate and development software
- High School degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or a training related field
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.