Lead Digital Product Operations MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 972646BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Lead Digital Product Operations Manager supports marketing, sales, operational and brand projects digitally. You will understand the primary needs of partners and the strategy associated with Digital's products; translate that direction into multiple document types, including requirement documents, user stories, strategic briefs and product specs; and work with partners and teams to achieve projects. Responsibilities may include marketing or digital experience projects for the Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort line of business, including consumer markets, trade, niche markets and niche memberships.
You will have both an understanding of digital strategy and strategic marketing on owned and operated web sites/apps. You will need to have strategic, collaboration and communication skills and the ability to be available outside of traditional business hours. The position may require up to 10% travel.
Responsibilities:Relationship Management – The Lead Digital Product Operations Manager, under guidance from their leader, manages partner expectations, scope, budget discussions and project communications. You will build working relationships with internal Disney Parks and Resorts Digital Creative, Production, Product and Technology teams and often broker's solutions between them.
- Provide partners with contact for their digital needs
- Identify and build partner relationships to ensure exciting customer experiences
- Can frequently shift focus across multiple projects or lines of business
- Can take partner feedback and turn into applicable digital requirements for Product build
- Be the Digital SME for partners on capabilities of the functionality of the platform, providing relevant, practical and strategic solutions to support goals
- Oversee the, on-budget, on-strategy delivery of marketing- and operations-related projects
- Accountable for setting, and prioritizing urgencies for teams while communicating ongoing statuses and removing any product build blockers
- Critical thinker who is able to effectively navigate through ambiguity
- Highly organized
- Strong accountability and ownership of products and assigned projects
- Willingness to take personal initiative and accountability, self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication and leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively at the Manager level and above
Basic Qualifications:Requirements Definition – The Lead Digital Product Operations Manager owns the requirements of the digital product from end to end, and translate marketing concepts into detailed product requirements and executable tactics. The Lead DPOM will oversee the product requirements to ensure that functionality, quality and content of the product are translated into a Digital environment per requirements.
- Create strategic direction for products and creative experiences that bring joy to our Guests, through compelling digital and physical interactions and take advantage of prevalent mobile technologies.
- Lead the strategic vision for the space to help build requirements and translate them into relevant user stories, test/acceptance criteria and Go-to-Market plans
- Identify areas for growth and analyzing existing products to uncover opportunities to enhance and grow existing products with a focus on latest technology platforms and partnerships
- Help establish the promotional product strategy and collaborate with teams to create new products and features that inform those strategies
- Familiarity and understanding of the product development lifecycle, and background in application of concepts
- Resolve blockers and issues that could impair team's ability to meet strategic launch dates
- Experience with writing and refining user stories, test cases and acceptance criteria and owns their quality
- Translate and use research data into a story that inspires business opportunity, project goals and prioritization
- Make choices about product and project scope, priorities, MVP, delivery dates.
- Manage projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously.
- Tasked with end to end testing of digital product to ensure prescribed requirements are met and the Guest experience is top quality
- Help design test cases for new digital products to be tested against and work with Technology partners to integrate into testing schema
- Escalate unresolved business, strategy, scope, and budget issues to the Manager and leadership in a clear and detailed way
- Work with leadership, company partners to create product plans and plan and prioritize product roadmap while managing expectations of partners
- Track and evaluate analytics post launch Lead the strategic vision for the space to help build requirements and translate them into applicable user stories, test/acceptance criteria and Go-to-Market plan
- Support leadership in large scale projects, including creation of deliverables (assessments, internal presentations) with a view toward promoting informed decision-making and presentations that will be shared with senior-level audiences.
- Minimum of 5 years of product operations, account management, project management and eCommerce experience
- Experience with technical, user and business issues in a digital organization
- Experience with eCommerce strategies and Go-To-Marketing planning for desktop, mobile web, and app
- Work collaboratively across large matrix organizations
- Knowledgeable across multiple teams such as product management, UX/UI, customer support, sales, marketing or finance
- Experience with A/B product testing
- Work with teams in multiple locations, with varying/flexible work hours
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.