Lead Network Architect
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 875908BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 27, 2021
Job Summary:Global Telecom strategy and engineering is responsible for developing network strategies, architectures, designs, and standards across all core network infrastructure including global WAN/MAN, DNS/DHCP, data center networks, network security, remote access, Internet, voice, and physical network infrastructure. The group is also responsible for setting standards for configuration, hardware/software, service providers, and architectures.
Responsibilities:We’re looking for a Lead Network Architect with strong software development skills and familiarity automating enterprise networks. The candidate must be highly motivated, team oriented, and familiar with network deployments and automation technologies and methods. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to the Network Services and Enterprise Infrastructure Services team as we build our automation framework, streamline and automate the majority of our processes, and define/operate a sustainable automation infrastructure. The position requirements are as follows:
- Leads the development and implementation of an automation framework for the Disney Global Network
- Implements, and enforces service and technology standards via automation across the network footprint
- Collaborates with other Network Architects to drive automation service improvements throughout the enterprise and business networks
- Has the ability to implements, and optimize network automation solution designs of the highest level of complexity
- Partners across the enterprise to maintain and deliver optimal services and advocate advances in the network
- Support as a Tier-4 escalation for Network Engineers and Administrators
- Briefs and informs senior leadership team on advancements and developments within the network
- Has familiarity with multiple areas of network services including automating Cloud services, WAN, security, general automation and tooling, modeling, or process control
- Effectively partners with vendors to understand their approach to new solutions, architectural standards, and frameworks
- Hands-on programming experience with languages like Python, C, web-oriented frameworks such as Flask, HTML/CSS, etc.
- Experience with network configuration management technologies, Ansible Tower, SALT, Splunk, VXLAN or API frameworks
- Experience with DevOps tools, including CI/CD, Databases, Docker, Git or Linux
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of switched and routed network infrastructures including relevant protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.1d, 802.1x, 802.11i).
- Experience with centralized network performance monitoring and management tools
- Experienced in complex enterprise-level network deployments including the creation of configurations and Methods of Procedures (MOPs) for Cisco, Palo Alto, or F5 devices
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology/Engineering or Computer Science.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.