Lead Product Manager - Guest Profile Infrastructure
Orlando, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 906039BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2022
Job Summary:The Guest Profile Platform technology group empowers Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) reach Consumers in more relevant ways by providing curated profile data that fuels more personalized and contextually relevant experiences. As the lead product manager of our Guest Profile platform infrastructure, you will guide the strategy and development of the tools processes, and methodologies that ensure the daily delivery and continued advancement of the DPEP consumer profile technology vision.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Technology, who oversees the consumer profile space.
- Oversee the strategic roadmap for our team's internal technology portfolio, including tool selection and making build/buy recommendations
- Develop high-level requirements for new technical capabilities and modifications to existing tools
- Work with developers, architects, and leadership to identify pain points and opportunities and independently research solutions to address them
- Stay in tune with industry trends to identify new technology options and orchestrate proofs-of-concept to evaluate how they may fit into ecosystem
- 8 or more years of technical product management experience, ideally working with data products
- 3 or more years developing and deploying solutions in a cloud environment
- Experience directing the development of full-stack applications, including front-end user interfaces, and back-end programs and frameworks
- Experience implementing scalable and performant custom web services
- Understanding of data concepts like ETL, near-/real-time data, data ingest, data syndication, data curation, metadata, and workflow management
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Lambda, and Redshift
- Understanding of code and release management tools (e.g. GitHub, GitLab), Docker, continuous integration/delivery pipelines, and Agile development best-practices
- Knowledge to relate complex technical problems to technology partners and vendors at different levels of technical expertise
- Passion for customer data and endless curiosity about new technologies in the data transformation and programming space
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline (preferably Masters), or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.