Lead Product Mgr
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784766BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
Job Summary:This position will support the Food & Beverage and Merchandise In-Store Digital Product team across app, web and physical experiences. The team is responsible for product strategy, concept development, and defining and executing these initiatives in collaboration with our key stakeholders and partners. The Lead Product Manager will lead cross-functional teams representing operations, marketing, creative design, consumer insights, analytics, engineers, and executive teams to bring products and services to market and develop and grow business opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be comfortable working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that Guests love.
- Responsible for developing and executing the digital strategic roadmap for Food & Beverage and Merchandise lines of business
- Maintains strategic partnerships throughout Disney and acts as a key advisor on business decision in the Food & Beverage and Merchandise lines of business
- Ensures the execution of creative assets developed in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy and copywriting, by adhering to a strategic vision
- Supports multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
- Collaborates with organizations across The Walt Disney Company (Pricing, Rev. Management, Marketing, Sales, Park & Resort Operations, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations
- Assists the Product team in translating the digital vision into presentations that will be shared with Executive audiences and partners across the Organization
- Does not provide full supervisory/managerial support, but may train, mentor and guide others
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large datasets
- Previous Food and Beverage or Merchandise Operation experience is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and drive resolution of complex critical issues
- Comfortable leveraging JIRA for project management and Keynote for presentations are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in order to understand our rapidly evolving product, business and guest needs
- Demonstrated ability to champion projects from beginning through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to constant change in short term and long-term objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and interruptions in schedule to perform ad hoc queries and project escalation issues
- Experience evaluating technology solutions for fit and viability against use cases as well as evaluating the companies for viability
- Financial acumen
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to very effectively present a compelling vision and story at an executive level within and outside of Disney
- Ability to communicate and rally teams and individuals around a vision
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds and functions
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to package, pitch and sell innovative thinking
- Able to co-create and empower others
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.