Lead Product Mgr
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 963173BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Lead Product Manager position will be part of the Digital & Technology team responsible for managing the strategic direction of technology and digital programs for a Disney's Signature Experiences line of business.
Reporting to the Product Director, the Lead Product Manager collaborates with leadership to establish commercial strategies across latest technologies. You will work with multiple products, teams, and interdisciplinary leaders in such areas as line of business Marketing, Sales, Technology, Operations, Project Management, Design, Analytics to bring strategies to market that support business opportunities and enhance the Guest experience.
The Lead Product Manager needs an understanding of the business and our digital and technology business. The Lead Product Manager will develop business strategies, identifying high-value segments and implement tactics that create business opportunities that align with the digital and technology roadmap themes. Monitor business and digital trends, Guest behaviors and expectations, and competitive intelligence to establish and prioritize the digital roadmap.
- Work to gather requirements for all aspects of a project, collaborating with all impacted teams including creative and technology for agreement.
- Drive implementation of a business digital and technology roadmap by ensuring the development teams understand the product goals and priority.
- Document features by translating the product concepts into user stories, epics and other appropriate product deliverables (e.g., project briefs, scope/requirement documents, Guest prioritized needs, etc.)
- Primary representative for product management in all daily activities related to the roll-out of a product/enhancement, serving as an important resource for the team, escalating to leadership.
- Support defect triage activities by working with technical, creative and production teams to identify cause through resolution, providing support and escalation for blockers/impediments.
- Communicate with partners of multiple levels across Digital & Technology and the broader Disney organization through several mediums (ie. presentations, email, formal/informal meetings).
- 5+ years experience in the digital industry
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience in digital customer experience for a global or national brand(s), working with technology, design, project management, business and user experience teams.
- Ability to use hard data to form assumptions and develop business cases.
- Experience presenting out on Product performance and success of programs.
- Ability to think strategically and guide ideas into action with a willingness to take personal initiative.
- Experience collaborating with and achieve results through partnerships with others and the capability to interact within all leadership levels.
- Experience identifying technical, user and business issues in a organization.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
Required EducationBachelor's degree required.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.