Lead QA Engineer
Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 863338BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) is seeking a Lead QA Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences and retail experiences that will define the interactions of families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
- Be a core member of our shopDisney team, testing new experiences for our web properties and services used across our retail experiences.
- Understand product requirements, design and implement test plans, and work with Development to validate the test plans.
- Collaborate with other QA Engineers and Developers on our team and other teams across Disney to deliver a retail experience that delight our guests.
- Document defects, build out and execute test plans, and help debug and diagnose code issues in multiple environments and regions.
- Interview and onboard new talent as the team grows.
- Participate in the Agile team ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, decomposition and daily standups.
- Tests for reliability, consistency, and reduction of product defects. Compiles lists of defects or design issues found during testing. Responsibilities
- Find and write up clear and easy to understand defects, including videos and/or screenshots.
- Regress defects promptly
- Think outside the box to identify needed areas of testing
- Work extended hours when necessary
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience required
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance experience, as a QA Engineer.
- Experience with web based testing tools, including but not limited to Test Rail.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to use standard software development lifecycle (SDLC) tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver project tasks on time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starting individual
- Experience with SaaS based retail or commerce systems, such as Salesforce CommerceCloud.
- Experience with Order Management systems such as IBM Sterling or similar systems.
- Experience with payment systems and gateways, such as WorldPay and Chase Paymentech.
- Experience with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and Security.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.