Lead Software Architect - ServicesApply NowApply Later Job ID 7112266920220515 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Description :
We are a group of Disney technologists who love to work on the latest technology to build new features and improve existing components of Disney's Online Commerce Platform specializing in Ticketing Products. We also take pride in building the next generation of Commerce products for several business units within the Walt Disney Company. Key Products within Commerce include Tickets, Annual Passes, Special Events, Park Reservations, Unified Checkout across many products including Dining and Lodging across Walt Disney World, Disneyland California, and Disneyland Paris
- Collaborate in a constructive manner with team members and technical and non-technical business partners
- Design and implement software features thinking upfront in terms of efficiency, scalability, and stability.
- Lead engineers, providing guidance, feedback, code reviews, and technical mentorship.
- Participate in Brainstorming Phases of Large-Scale Efforts within Commerce and other areas of Disney Parks and Experience Products.
- Lead design reviews with peers and partners to present/decide among available technologies or solutions.
- Participate in full lifecycle of software development.
- Write and test product code.
- Review code providing feedback with style guidelines, testability, and efficiency in mind.
- Help existing documentation.
- Triage production issues: debugging/tracking and resolving them by analyzing the source of the problem.
- Identify areas of improvement in our application ecosystem and patterns of repeated problems proposing solutions that can be applied globally.
- Elaborate and explain execution plans to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Set best practices to improve scalability, performance, and availability based on technical and business considerations
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years' experience in Software Development
- Experience within a fast-paced, software application delivery, and product launch environment
- Technical expertise with:
- Java, JVM internals (Memory management, garbage collection, JIT, etc)
- Web Containers (e.g., Tomcat server)
- Experience developing spring boot-based RESTful microservices
- Experience writing RESTful APIs (API versioning, documentation, and security)
- Database modeling
- ORM frameworks/specifications (JPA or Hibernate)
- Experience with AWS Suite (Service Management and Deployments, EC2 and ECS Containers, Lambdas, DynamoDB, or MariaDB/MySQL)
- Experience with unit testing best practices
- Source control systems (GitLab/GitHub)
- Experience designing back-end distributed systems for high availability, high throughput, and low latency.
- Development Experience with expectation of 50% or more Code Engagement and Detailed Knowledge in areas:
- Messaging Patterns (Queuing vs Pub/Sub)
- HTTP/HTTPS protocol knowledge
- Relational Database knowledge (Primary keys, Indexes, Foreign keys, SQL)
- Basic cryptographic knowledge (symmetric/asymmetric encryption mechanisms)
- Web-based application security mechanisms (OAuth, HMAC)
- Knowledge of RESTful architectural style
- Experience writing API specifications
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues
- Hands-on Knowledge on Design Patterns - Great understanding in the following design patterns: Singleton, Factory, Observer, Builder, Adapter, Publisher/Subscriber, Decorator.
- Hands On Knowledge on Data Structures - Using Lists, Sets, Maps, Linked Lists, Queues, Stacks.
- Hands-on Knowledge of Algorithms- solve coding problems on whiteboard, Big O notation, time, and space complexity of the algorithms.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 7+ years' Experience in Full Stack Development
- Experience engaging in technology platforms supporting complex business engagements and engineering collaborations
Required Education :
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Related Disciplines, or Equivalent Professional Experience
Preferred Education :
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Related Disciplines, or Equivalent Professional Experience
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.