Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 983094BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Lead large development projects and teams where a project comprises multiple components; oversee project teams.
- Lead the development of new, large, software solutions that meet specifications and influence future developments.
- Conceive and lead the execution of major software development projects and major fixes using all technologies.
- Review or writes code
- Lead programming and testing and debugging of major software development projects.
- Create protocols, documentation and tools for the installation and maintenance of major software projects.
- Lead the design of components of major software development projects, developing specifications for each.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains the technical components and templates for front end web pages for client sites
- Experience with the front-end technology stack; able to code against front-end and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with other technical groups in the organization on deliverables.
- Design the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Serve as a high-level technical resource and "go-to" person for less experienced developers and leadership, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- 8+ years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- 2+ years of project lead experience.
- Scrum Master Certification
- ITIL Certification
Strong knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools
- XML DTDs
- JSON Messaging
- Database Design
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Ruby, Python, PHP, JSP, ASP or other scripting languages
- Flash and other interactive technologies
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Parks Technology Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.