Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055909 Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 24, 2023
Disney Cruise Line is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for designing, building and maintaining a world-class reporting platform supporting Disney Signature Experiences. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences for Disney Cruise Line and Disney Adventures & Expeditions. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
- Drive the design, development and maintenance of data models, architecture, reporting systems, automation systems, warehouse design, data repositories, data marts, dashboards, reporting and performance metrics that support the Disney Signature Experiences organization.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner, working with Business and Finance teams, as well as Enterprise and Segment Technology teams to drive buy in and commitment.
- Maintain a solution library to ensure process understanding, and efficient redistribution.
- Lead and support a small team of vendor contractors
- Optimize both front-end user interfaces and back-end processing capabilities.
- Develop data services and utilities supporting secure transport between source systems and the downstream data repository.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to design and maintain short term and long term data management strategies.
- Assess system performance and make recommendations for hardware, software, and data storage improvements.
- Lead the integration of new technologies and initiatives into data standards and structures.
- Ensure integrity and reliability of data warehouse through performance testing, performance engineering, capacity testing, capacity optimization, and database tuning.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the business and technology to tell the “story” behind the numbers.
- Write, execute and test detailed queries.
- Debug, troubleshoot, and customize BI systems, and software.
- Self-starter with attention to detail and a high level of curiosity
- Advanced knowledge of database and business intelligence tools and applications (e.g. MySQL, Crystal Reports, etc.) and Excel spreadsheets.
- 8+ years of experience with data visualization tools: MicroStrategy, Tableau, SAP Business Objects, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of relational database models and theory, including tables, views, joins and relational database query language and SQL query generation.
- Expertise with data solution development, supporting complex reporting, establishing data and reporting best practices and standards.
- Experience with languages including but not limited to .NET, Python and Java.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.