Manager - Data ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 652619BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 15, 2019
Job Summary:CIMA: Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Marketing center of excellence for Disney Parks,
Experiences and Consumer Products. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable
insights. Within CIMA, the Digital & Travel Operations Analytics team provides analysis across the primary modes used
by Guests/clients for vacation discovery, planning, transacting, and management to enable decision making and
A Manager, who is an engineer at heart, is expected to lead projects, develop employees, drive change, and have a
passion for learning new technologies that help improve our organization. As the flood of digital information increases, the
Manager of Data Services leads a team of engineers to streamline delivery, improve quality and reduce support costs of
our data and analytics applications. The Data Services team works within a DevOps culture and agile environment, which
seeks continuous improvement for big data analytics and business intelligence.
- An advisor and technology authority to the business segments and third parties related to big data analytics, business intelligence and application support & services.
- Expert negotiator and business oriented person that consistently models strong outward behaviors through a professional presence and thought leadership.
- A mentor and coach to the technical team ensuring they are properly positioned to succeed.
- Maintain a spirit of execution and value creation that drives continuous improvement in process, behaviors, technology implementation and delivery mechanisms for all aspects of our data and analytics applications.
- Design and lead the implementation of highly scalable software systems and applications in a variety of high traffic functional areas such as e-commerce, account management, big data analytics, and business intelligence.
- 10+ years’ experience in technology disciplines.
- 3 years or more experience leading a team directly
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem, Docker, Git and Kafka.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other IaaS platforms.
- Hands on experience with computer programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, and SQL).
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Understanding of DevOps, Test Driven Development, Agile Methodologies, SDLC and Continuous Integration.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL datastores and their applicable use cases.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.